Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Recommendations on where to find a nice $20 Saint for type.

StupidStupid Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

I would like a few recommendations on where I might find a nice, original as possible, Saint Gaudens $20 gold piece for my almost-never-growing type set. Looking for a common date coin in PCGS 65 CAC. NGC CAC works as well, for the right coin.

I didn't want to post this in the coin forum as some might view it as soliciting to buy, and inappropriate for there.

Thanks for any help.

Tony

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I am looking at some of these possibilities now.

Comments

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was recently a thread within the past few weeks regarding very low prices on generic Saints, and they mentioned specific sites and prices. And there was speculation prices may continue to drop close to melt for the 63/64 coins, as another hoard was rumored to be coming in from Europe.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • TomBTomB Posts: 20,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

This may not be the path you would like to follow, but if you have a trusted collector or dealer friend who has a good eye then perhaps get in touch with them and see what happens. Good luck!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• drfishdrfish Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

Ask Mark Feld at Heritage to find a nice one for you

• drfishdrfish Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

Great Collections also has a few listed

• radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

JM Bullion has MS64 FOR $1345