1952 Mickey Mantle Rookie Sgc 50 for sale

heshootshescoresheshootshescores Posts: 29

Asking 32k.

Comments

• Options

29k if sold before noon

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

nice clean image. that's a serious first card to list and aggressive posting btw just as an observation.

• Options
    sushihotwingssushihotwings Posts: 452 ✭✭✭

Nice card

On the hunt high grade Star Basketball.
  • Options
    Sports2030Sports2030 Posts: 16 ✭✭

If not a new account. You'd probably have the 29k already. List it on ebay, will likely do better

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Does the Mantle come with that magnificent coral rock?

• Options

If you list it on ebay for 40k or best offer or whatever. You are going to get over 30k within a couple days. And if you are seriously going to take 29k, post it and I will do that as long as you have good feedback there.

• Options

Hello everyone,
    Just noticed all these messages. The card is still for sale.

• Options

And yes thunderdan, I'll throw in the coral rock.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

seller is asking for cash for this item. I explained to him the Patriot Act, Title III, Subtitle B. It is a nice card, but with no rep on here, no one is paying cash or wire transfer or whatever that is not traceable or taxable, given the large number of scams with this and like cards. good luck with the sale.

• Options

yeah if you have a good rep on ebay- my offer stands at 29,000. If not- id suggest escrowing the card to someone to list for you who has a good rep.

• Options
    SmittysSmittys Posts: 9,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably the guy from Vegas and pretty sure it's not his

• Options
    heshootshescoresheshootshescores Posts: 29
    edited July 7, 2017 3:11PM

It's my card. I will accept cash or cashier check. High grade legends made up the cash only thing. I never said cash only, I have the emails to support it. You would think a federal agent would not come on here and make up things that aren't true, but I guess he's too busy low balling people like he did me. I'm located in Florida btw, not Vegas.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the card is listed on ebay, I thought accepting payment via paypal or credit card is required unless it's a local pickup.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

I bought it graded and had sgc reholder it last month as it had a few scratches . I have the receipt for that as well. Thanks

• Options

Well maybe asking them if it was reholdered would help?

• Options

@heshootshescores said:
    It's my card. I will accept cash or cashier check. High grade legends made up the cash only thing. I never said cash only, I have the emails to support it. You would think a federal agent would not come on here and make up things that aren't true, but I guess he's too busy low balling people like he did me. I'm located in Florida btw, not Vegas.

When did I say "cash only?" I never made that claim. As far as low balling, I sent you evidence of recent ebay sales for pricing. How is that low balling?

• Options

@HighGradeLegends said:
    seller is asking for cash for this item. I explained to him the Patriot Act, Title III, Subtitle B. It is a nice card, but with no rep on here, no one is paying cash or wire transfer or whatever that is not traceable or taxable, given the large number of scams with this and like cards. good luck with the sale.

Pretty clear as stated above before you went into your ridiculous rant about the patriot act. If there are any serious buyers out there that want a great Mantle rookie please pm me before I decide to put it up and keep it. Thanks

• Options

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122498690191

Similar condition, same technical grade and grading company...so market price is a low ball? Got it. Excuse me for using that as a guide.

You may want to try this again from a fresh start over at the net54 forums, where you may find a larger forum of collectors willing to buy this item. I recommend showing both sides of the card (front and back pics), tell the story of the card (clear, concise details of how you got it, when it was reholdered, yada, etc.), Asking price, terms of sale (payment method, etc.), and location of the item. If also listing on ebay, provide the auction link and #. Doing this may alleviate many suspicious questions.

Good luck with your sale.

• Options

@heshootshescores said:

@HighGradeLegends said:

Pretty clear as stated above before you went into your ridiculous rant about the patriot act. If there are any serious buyers out there that want a great Mantle rookie please pm me before I decide to put it up and keep it. Thanks

Pretty clear? I see no text from me stating "cash only," "he will only take cash," "he only wants cash," etc. You asked me for cash as your primary form of payment and I restated that.

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not taking sides here but below are the last few sales as listed on VCP. VCP average price is $23,181.25
    James

5/16/17 eBay Listing | Image red-zone kr BIN $20,900.00
    2/8/17 eBay Auction | Image pwcc_auctions h
    a 50 $17,650.00
    1/28/17 Goldin Auction | Image 12 $29,400.00
    11/30/16 eBay Image mandlcards r***n Best Offer $24,500.00
    11/19/16 Heritage Image 12 $17,925.00

• Options

@HighGradeLegends
    I'm not trying to get in a pissing match w you buddy. Go read your patriot act a little more and go annoy someone else. The card is no longer for sale. Thanks to those who had serious inquiries.

• Options
    edited July 7, 2017 7:56PM

@jfkheat said:
    I'm not taking sides here but below are the last few sales as listed on VCP. VCP average price is $23,181.25
    James

5/16/17 eBay Listing | Image red-zone kr BIN $20,900.00
    2/8/17 eBay Auction | Image pwcc_auctions h
    a 50 $17,650.00
    1/28/17 Goldin Auction | Image 12 $29,400.00
    11/30/16 eBay Image mandlcards r***n Best Offer $24,500.00
    11/19/16 Heritage Image 12 $17,925.00

Pretty much what I found as well. I was taught to buy the card, not the holder. If the card had better centering, I could accept other issues driving a 4 grade and offer more, but I was content with market price, not 32k. But to each their own.

• Options

How much more would it be worth in PSA 4 versus SGC 50

• Options

About 10k +/-....but no 4 is created equal. A 4 with good centering would get more money that one without regardless of holder brand

• Options

Bump. 52 Mantle rookie still for sale. Great card, great price!

• Options

@heshootshescores said:
    @HighGradeLegends
    The card is no longer for sale.

That changed quick

• Options

The card was no longer for sale to you @HighGradeLegends
    Your offer was insulting and your only purpose on here is to get attention and pretend like you know more than everyone else.