Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA's regular price on PSA/DNA Red Flip?

PSA's pricing confuses me.

What is the regular price to get an autographed card graded? Red flip, graded card, auto "Authentic" (not looking for the auto to be graded, just the card). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

$25

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Woah. Looks like I'll be waiting for the next red flip group sub.

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

They decreased it to $20 at the start of 2017.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beckett and PSA both charge $25 to get a pre 1998 auto graded (and by the way, why did they pick 1998 when auto cards started in 1991). So there is little or no interest in grading pre 1998 auto unless it's jeter or Kobe. When you pay $50 for a bettis auto and then pay another $25 for the flip, you are already at $75 in the card. I have had one for sell for two years or more and I have little or no interest for the highest graded one out there.

This policy for both of them is mind boggling to me. Maybe you need charge a little more for Jeter, but the rest of the 1991 - 1997 cards need to be like $1.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not agree that auto cards issued and distributed by legit manufacturers from 1991 to 1997 should be subject to the same grading/authentication fees as cards that were autographed in person after distribution. If the card company is reputable and has certified the auto as authentic within their text on the card back, then as long as the card itself is not a fake, the auto should be assumed to be good too.

For example, was there some sort of notable printing security upgrade made that was effective on 1998 Be A Player but not on the 1997 BAP issue that I'm not aware of? The distinction makes no sense at all to me without further detailed explanation from PSA on this.

• Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭
    edited June 26, 2017 11:28AM

My last sub of 15 cards was @ $20 each for dual grade under $250. Under $499 for $25.

Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CopperJJ said:
    My last sub of 15 cards was @ $20 each for dual grade under $250. Under $499 for $25.

That is ridiculous. Unless you are subbing ty cobb, bath ruth, and Honus wagner.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    CopperJJCopperJJ Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I don't think it's too bad. Especially when I'm putting most of them in one of my registry sets. And 2 were Kershaw.

I still participate in the group subs too.

Clayton Kershaw - master set
    Signed Sets:
    2011 Topps Heritage BB
    1960s & 1970s Topps decade Cincinnati Reds
    2006-2016 A&G HOFers
  • Options

Why PSA/DNA post 1998 manufacturer certified autos? You can just sub them under the monthly specials for <$10.

• Options

What is the benefit of going the "AUTHENTIC" route when it doesn't cost anything extra to have the auto graded? Just preference?

• Options

Most auto collectors I know don't value a highly graded auto any more than one labeled "authentic", but would disfavor one with a lower grade over "authentic" only. So, it's pretty much 10 (meh win) or a loss.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:
    Why PSA/DNA post 1998 manufacturer certified autos? You can just sub them under the monthly specials for <$10.

Exactly. I agree with that for sure. Still wish I knew what difference it makes if we're talking manufacturer certified autos 1997 and earlier though, as in why they aren't eligible for standard grading w/o DNA

• Options

If I send a card to PSA/DNA, Red Flip Card Grade, "AUTHENTIC" only - and the card is trimmed, will they still holder it? Can it still be added to the registry?

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

Up to them, but it may get holdered....yes to the registry if it is for an autograph set......

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable