Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay BIN Question

I saw a card listed that I wanted and decided to not wait for the next Ebay bucks promo, so I hit the BIN.
I am in the process of entering gift cards, which was taking a few minutes as I was using the mobile app and a couple of the cards were already used (in Samsung Pay that I had not deleted). Then I get a pop-up that the item is no longer available.
I am waiting to hear back from the seller, but has anyone ever had a card purchased out from under you while you were still processing your cart?

Comments

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

This goes back to the question of immediate payment. As I have said in the past, every time I hit buy it now, I am forced to pay immediately whether the auction says immediate payment required or not.

Putting things in your cart doesn't constitute commitment to buy. If you request a new total from the seller, that is a commitment to buy.

Some people have claimed they are able to hit buy it now without paying immediately, but when I hit buy it now, I am brought to payment page and told the item is still available to others until I pay.

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

When sellers list items as Buy it Now, they have the option of requiring immediate payment. That's why sometimes you have to pay to lock in the deal, and other times you can delay payment.

Bummer!

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

Well, that sort of blows. I had already entered 2 (a full $50 and a balance from a 2nd) gift cards AND deleted them from Samsung Pay (Luckily I think I can still get the codes from my email) and was trying to enter a 3rd and final one when it happened. I should have ran down to the desktop, I would have been able to process quicker. I would have thought my window was bigger than 3 minutes. Now I know.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 25, 2017 11:40AM

Must have been a very good deal to get swept out from under you like that. In a case like that, I would forgo to gift cards and just pay quickly as possible.

Some sellers require immediate payment when listing an item with the BIN option, but that is up to the seller. I have hit the BIN many times and been able to send payment later on, thereby purchasing the item so it is no longer available, but other users like David apparently must make payment immediately in any case in order to complete the purchase transaction.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

I rarely ever use a computer anymore, I'm wondering whether the immediate payment thing had to do with being on mobile safari.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Immediate payment is often required on the USA ebay site, but if you log in on one of the other nations' ebay front pages, you'll most likely be able to click commit to buy w/o immediate payment even with the same login and for the same item from the same seller. This is important when it comes to combined shipping. Try logging on to ebay.ca, ebay.co.uk, ebay.it, ebay.de, ebay.es, ebay.fr, etc. etc. and you can work around the immediate payment with ease.

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

I was trying to pay immediately. Unfortunately, I was trying to use ebay gift cards while using the mobil app, so, l was about 3 or 4 minutes into the payment process with 2 gift cards entered. Before I could complete the transaction, someone was able to swoop in and process completely through paypal.

• Options
    rottnrogrottnrog Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Chalk it up as a lesson learned.