Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Donruss - Best chance of PSA 10: Wax box or factory sealed set

BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 1985 Donruss box that I have been toying with opening. I know a PSA 10 of Clemens or Puckett would make it worthwhile but then I started thinking: First of all, there may not be a Clemens or Puckett. Maybe the way to go is a factory sealed set. Any opinions on either route? Anyone have experience to share with opening factory sealed sets, in terms of condition of the cards?

Daniel

Comments

• Options
    sinoth23sinoth23 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Picked up a factory set earlier in the year and opened it. Not the best quality...don't believe I pulled any gems. Centering issues and PDs. It only cost $20, so not a big gamble. Good luck

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

I opened 3 factory sets of '85D and didn't sub any of the cards. Would have been better to just buy them already in 10's. Sometimes 9's are less than grading fees.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the replies. I do like that the sets are in little bundles or 75 or so cards each.

Daniel
  • Options

I bought a factory set and pulled a gem mint 10 Clemens. I submitted a few other stars for 7's and 8's.

Casey Barker
  • Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

@sinoth23 said:
    It only cost $20, so not a big gamble. Good luck

It's crazy that these can be purchased at or less than they sold for in the year of issue. I think I paid $200 for an '85 factory set in the mid-90s. The '84 set was even more expensive than the '85 back then

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball