Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Did you know they cap eBay bucks at $500?

Never knew that and was curious if it was a newer rule?

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **

Comments

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Not a new rule

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

That has always been the case. Single transaction max for eBay bucks is $100, also.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

$500 as long as I can remember. I believe the per transaction used to be $200, but now it's $100.

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what the single transaction max for ebates is, or if there even is one????

• Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

yes on the cap, but opening another ebay acct is beneficial and easy.

and dont know about ebates, but mr rebates max cap is/was $1000 max rebate. this was in '15 and may have changed.

there are ways around that though. if making a large monterary purchase, ask the vendor to break up the payments in smaller increments.

mr rebates also has a credit card that offers 8% back...it adds up really quickly and often times unintentionally felt like the crazy triple coupon lady getting paid to buy groceries when the check comes!

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2017 2:48PM

@mikelowell25 said:
    Does anyone know what the single transaction max for ebates is, or if there even is one????

This apparently is not a problem I have to worry about. I will say from experience I have gotten $60 back in one transaction via ebates.

Steve
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2017 10:38PM

@mikelowell25 said:

The max is $50. They will put the actual amount which could be more than $50. I had $171 show up once. At some point before they issued my quarterly payment it changed to $50.01 on one occasion and $50.00 exact on another occasion that I passed the $50 limit.

Here is the location of their verbiage.
    If you go to ebates, click on stores, then click on eBay. You will come to the page where it says "Shop Now". Scroll all the way down while looking on the right side of the monitor. When you get to the bottom you will see what I copied and pasted below.

Donato

Be sure you understand limitations to Cash Back at eBay:

Cash Back is only paid on legitimate Winning Bid or "Buy It Now" transactions. Cash Back will not be earned on unpaid items with eBay.

A maximum of $50 Cash Back may be earned on any single purchase.

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info Donato; appreciate the help!!

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

I'm just jealous of those of you who even get these 8-10% ebay bucks offers. I've spent over $10,000 on cards this year and still haven't gotten any offers.

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

@Arsenal83 said:
    I'm just jealous of those of you who even get these 8-10% ebay bucks offers. I've spent over $10,000 on cards this year and still haven't gotten any offers.

If you haven't gotten any offers, then you most likely have the option turned off to receive such offers. Google about it! I'd tell you what it is, but off hand, I do not know. I know that my buddy that I do a lot of collecting with, had this problem... it's pretty common as I've seen it talked about on Facebook card groups (and maybe even here) quite a bit.

• Options

I've done that and still no luck.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering I would have to spend 50K to get the 500 - isn't it 1% now?

I'm pretty much safe I guess?

Mike
  • Options
    muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2017 3:28PM

@Arsenal83 said:

i was in the same boat. start another account. you'll get them and not only that, once youre original account goes quasi-dormant, you'll start getting them as incentives to "come back"

• Options

@muffins said:

@Arsenal83 said:

i was in the same boat. start another account. you'll get them and not only that, once youre original account goes quasi-dormant, you'll start getting them as incentives to "come back"

You're a damn genius. Lol. Thank you.

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Yes but you can open more accounts and max them out also.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Opening a new ebay account name is the most expeditious and easy way to get in on most of the ebay bucks offers. However, Ebay marketing is data driven, with algorithmic triggers for offers and deals. You must spend a lot during those offer periods or else ebay analytics will think you do not respond to them and move them to those who will as the goal is to drive sales...this is how these incentive programs work. There is other complementary data that drives these deal triggers, however, i do not work for ebay, so you would have to find someone there for the inside baseball. And i doubt legally they have the right to say anything of value.

There are some manual opportunities to induce these offers. Though ebay customer service is outsourced and generally poor/uniformed, you can call and say you are switching to amazon or dropping your store subscription unless you are included on more ebay bucks offers or free listing deals. This tactic, while shameless, does work. This is similar to the early 2000s game of calling your directv or cable company, saying you are leaving for a rival, and then the CS rep magically offers short term incentives for you to stay...free hbo...more channels for free...etc. Ebay CS reps have automated systems in which they can access to find levers to pull to keep you around short term. This line of effort is painful, as you will wait on the phone and get BS advice from the CS rep, like, "just open an ebay store and the offers will come more frequently. " You must ignore those statements and stick to your guns. I tried this about 6 months ago and during the next ebay bucks offer period, i was included.

Overall, Ebay bucks offers stimulate sales...and data...for ebay to mine and sell. Promotions are targeted efforts, not peanut butter spread. The squeaky wheels gets the grease here...be squeaky.

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Considering I would have to spend 50K to get the 500 - isn't it 1% now?

I'm pretty much safe I guess?

Not even close to $50,000. We are maxed out and spent far less than $10,000 over the three month period. You just have to make your big purchases(500-1000) during the 8-10% eBay bucks offers.

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **