Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins

FSH or Swap: certified Ancient & World coins

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roman Empire: silver denarius of Septimius Severus, ca. 193-211 AD, NGC Ch AU (Strike 4/5, Surface 4/5)
Obverse: SEVERVS PIVS AVG, laureate head right / INDVLGENTIA AVGG, IN CARTH in exergue. Reverse: Dea Caelestis in elaborate headdress riding right on lion, holding thunderbolt & scepter; below, water gushing from rocks left. Sear/RCV-6285, RIC-266, RSC-222, BMC-335. 3.42 g. Asking $176.00 delivered (my cost = $184.65).
SOLD

Great Britain: silver "South Sea Company" shilling of George I, 1723, PCGS MS63+
(Formerly NGC MS64, cert. #2783369-010). Asking $475.00 delivered (my cost = $501.00).

Belgium (Austrian Netherlands): copper 2 liards (2 Oorden), Insurrection coinage, 1790, NGC MS63 BN
Ex-Zohar. Asking $249.00 (my cost =$250.00).

Great Britain: gold 1/3 guinea of George III, 1810, ANACS MS62
A recent Great Collections win, with some possible upside potential for both of us. Krause value is $775 in XF40 and $1,275 in MS60. Asking $675 delivered or best offer (yes, that's below Krause XF price!) Full disclosure: this coin is in transit and due for delivery today (Thursday, 6/15), so as of this early-AM posting it is a still a few hours away from being in hand. Additionally, I am using GC's photos. I have emailed them to ask permission for this but have not yet officially received that, so my apologies if they consider me in breach of etiquette. I impulse-bid on this coin, not expecting to win it. I see GC had mislabeled it as a "1/3 gulden" (sic). Though it looks very nice, I don't need another Georgian piece in my collection right now, so I've decided to "flip" it. I do think it should have some upside potential for whomever gets it, but if it remains in my hands, I will crack it and send it to PCGS. I will also consider certified coin trades on this and any of the other coins posted here.
ON HOLD - SALE PENDING

Guatemala, silver quarter-real, 1898, PCGS MS66
Brilliant supergem with attractive toning. Pop 2/1; PCGS has graded a single MS67 and this is arguably the nicer of the two MS66 pieces graded. (I've seen the other MS66 example- this one has nicer toning in my opinion.) Asking $65.00 (my cost = $73.92). Full disclosure: if you buy this, you're "buying the slab". You can get a raw BU of this type for ten bucks or so. But if you want the second-finest certified example, and don't mind paying for the plastic that says so, you'll like this piece. In hand, despite its tiny aspirin-tablet size, it is much more impressive than the photos because of the abundant luster.
SOLD

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to see your new addition!

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.