Home Sports Talk
Options

Zaza Pachulia is a piece of crap.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saw the replays of him on the floor trying to whack Shumpert in the nuts, what a low, low class act. The guy is as bad as it gets and judging by what has taken place he should be ejected.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Just saw the replays of him on the floor trying to whack Shumpert in the nuts, what a low, low class act. The guy is as bad as it gets and judging by what has taken place he should be ejected.

Al H.

I agree. Don't know what he was upset about....Shumpert looked like he was trying to get up to me. There have been some bad calls (both ways) in this game.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's just an "old school" player. Kinda like Bill Laimbeer. or Dennis Rodman.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keets, Greg Poppovich agrees with you so you are in good company

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@keets said:

Al H.

I agree. Don't know what he was upset about....Shumpert looked like he was trying to get up to me. There have been some bad calls (both ways) in this game.

Shumpert was doing the "stand over a downed player" thing, was in no hurry to move. But...that doesn't deserve a cup check.

• Options

Shumpert was doing the "stand over a downed player" thing
    c'mon man, at least be objective and go re-watch the video. Shumpy was over him because they were after the ball, Pachulia was on his side when Iman came in, stepped over him and was wrestling for the ball. there is no reason in anyone's world why one man should try to punch another man in the nuts. that is absolutely as low as it gets.

He's just an "old school" player.
    no, not even close. Pachulia and that jerk with Boston can't even carry Laimbeer's jock strap. he may have been a rough player who fought with everyone but he had skill that Pachulia can't match. I certainly wouldn't condone it, but I could understand if a Team had an "assassin" on the bench to take a guy like him out in a game. dirty is dirty, he should have been ejected.

• Options

I agree with keets on this. Pachulia is a hack and dirty. Trying to kick someone in the jewels should be like taking a swing at a player.....automatic ejection.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I thought the play looked worse from behind than it did from the front. Still not good, but surely not as bad IMO. While I wouldn't have been surpised with the T, I think standing over a downed player is T worthy as well.

That said Zaza and Shumpert are both punks. Shumpert is an instigator. It's the only role he can play on that team. The play was between the 2 guys on the floor and he stood over him and lingered hoping for the reaction he got. It deserves a response, and a player on the floor doesn't have anywhere to go but up. Mind you, this is heat of battle in seconds. Easy to judge from our recliners, but Shumpert punk moved just as much as Zaza, and I thought appropriate to just let it go.

Officials created a lot of the tone in that game. Seemed like there were make calls left and right.

Love Flagrant. Cmon. That was just an attempt to calm the game. Solid play with incidental contact. No intent. My wife was saying he hit him in the head. I told her, I'd love the call, but would be pissed if against me.

Draymond play. He lucked out. Could've easily been 2nd T and Flagrant vs Jefferson. But with Livingston getting the foul holding him down, Dray had nowhere to go once he went up. He saved himself attempting to hold up RJ. Still a little too much downforce for my liking though. He better watch himself.

I like to believe I can be mostly objective. And I think the anatomy of these games can change things in refs minds. I hate to defend a nut shot, but there are certain instigations that I can't stomach. One of which is standing over a downed player.

If you wanna talk trash to a standing player and get a reaction, that's one thing. But punk plays like that shouldn't be rewarded.

Reverse the roles. Zaza is standing over Shumpert. Shumpert lashes out in same way. Do you think it's a T and worthy of ejection? I'd surely take that call, but wouldn't expect it, and don't think reacting to bush league crap from a so-so player is out of line, in the heat of those split seconds...on either side.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

vintagefun - I agree with what you are saying, but it looked like to me that Shumpert was trying to get up. The play itself to me was just a jump ball with 2 players going after the ball. But I guess you had to be there.

I agree with the game having some bad calls.....both ways.

• Options

That said Zaza and Shumpert are both punks. Shumpert is an instigator.

I have watched enough Cavs games to say that's a load of crap. pachulia, on the other hand, has a well deserved reputation as a thug.