Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Newp: Copper panda!

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't even know these existed! I had to have this...

Comments

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda neat

Promote the Hobby
  • Options

Thank you. :)

• Options
    FellintoOblivionFellintoOblivion Posts: 280 ✭✭✭

What does newp stand for? I have seen it a few times.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    FellintoOblivionFellintoOblivion Posts: 280 ✭✭✭

@Zoins said:
    Newp = new purchase

Thanks.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a Liberia Copper Panda,,,,

GrandAm :)
  • Options

@GRANDAM said:
    Here is a Liberia Copper Panda,,,,

Very cool!

• Options

I find the idea of collecting copper as a precious metal intriguing.

It's cheap enough that even a small increase in price represents a large percentage gain but you would need a huge quantity to make a sizable amount of money.

Do some people believe/hope copper is going to shoot up in price by dollars rather than cents?

• Options
    Geckster109Geckster109 Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

@FellintoOblivion said:

It's cheap enough that even a small increase in price represents a large percentage gain but you would need a huge quantity to make a sizable amount of money.

Do some people believe/hope copper is going to shoot up in price by dollars rather than cents?

Wow! This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on these forums! Are you new to precious metals baby? Even the cheapest, most generic 1oz copper rounds currently cost about 5 times their copper metal value. Would you buy generic silver 1oz rounds @ $80 a pop and think that the investment was "intriguing"? You obviously have not thought this through very well sweetie.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Geckster109 said:

Wow! This is one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever read on these forums! Are you new to precious metals baby? Even the cheapest, most generic 1oz copper rounds currently cost about 5 times their copper metal value. Would you buy generic silver 1oz rounds @ $80 a pop and think that the investment was "intriguing"? You obviously have not thought this through very well sweetie.

Uh-oh, please keep your HMS to yourself. Don't need your Liteside spillover here.

• Options
    Geckster109Geckster109 Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

@Stork said:

Uh-oh, please keep your HMS to yourself. Don't need your Liteside spillover here.

I'll post on any thread/topic that I wish to.

• Options

@FellintoOblivion said:

For someone to make money on copper, you'd need large quantities, probably would be easier with a copper stock rather than physical copper. Indeed there is a huge premium on copper bullion rounds and bars.

I like a little copper simply to have an example of the metal rather than for investment.

The copper panda obviously is more numismatic than any value of the metal. It's cool as it's a one year type (to my knowledge) :)

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of other factors (other than price of metal) that can impact mining stock's performance - costs like labor and energy, political instability, etc... Physical bullion is better than mining sector stock when diversifying your overall portfolio, especially if you consider that their prices are less correlated to the stock and credit markets, as we saw in 2008. Stocks are physical bullion are different classes of assets. Both have pros and cons, but I wouldn't say one is the replacement for other.