Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Need some help with foreign coins. ancient? thanks

Can anyone help me out here. A good friend of mine who is a digger sent me a huge bag of all the coins he has ever dug to do what I want with this. He knows i love coins and dug relics so he sent me them which was super nice of him. I do plan on selling what I can and splitting it with him if we have anything of value. Well after cleaning them off with just water and separating them in group's I am now trying to figure out what most of them are. This guy has been relic hunting for close to 40 years and has relic hunted The States, Mexico and most of Europe.

Here is a picture of the one group. These are all the same I believe. I have plenty of other groups but I am starting with this one. So what do you all think?
Thanks in advance

If you all need more pictures just ask.

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler

Comments

• Options
    NapNap Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like John II Casimir of Poland/Lithuania solidi.

Mostly low grade and not very valuable. Overall a common coin although I don't know the series well, I'm sure there are some rarer dates. They should have dates on the reverse. Early-mid 1600's.

• Options
    Booger9989Booger9989 Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

@Nap said:
    Looks like John II Casimir of Poland/Lithuania solidi.

Mostly low grade and not very valuable. Overall a common coin although I don't know the series well, I'm sure there are some rarer dates. They should have dates on the reverse. Early-mid 1600's.

Thanks. Its a starting point. The one's you can read do have dates. I will try and pick at them and see what dates I can pull. I was amazed at how many he had dug. My back would be blown out from all then bending over lol.

Positive BST Deals as a seller : Wondercoin, Chumlee, Jerster, Perry Hall , DMarks, MWK, drewsef, SoCalBigMark, Lakesammman, Nurmaler