Home Sports Talk
Options

NON Sports ? about SONOS speakers

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a SONOS sound bar for my TV and a remote SONOS speaker in my sun room. Both are via Wi-Fi and I manipulate the music choices and sound via my cell phone. The speakers work fine, either together, or individually, I have no issues with the output.

So, my problem is that there appears to be no way to shut off the music! I can mute, lower, increase volume, change to any genre of music, but when it's time to shut it off, I can't do it. I've gone into the App manager to force stop...nothing. I've turned off the phone, but the music keeps on playing.

Only one of two ways stops the music...delete the app, or disconnect the modem. Both are unacceptable.

Anyone got a clue as to how to stop the music when you're done?

Tks!

Al

Answers

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭

That happened to me recently when there was an "overload" on our wireless. I was trying to use Sonos, and unknown to me, my son was downloading a monster file to his computer (computer game). Once his download stopped, Sonos worked fine.

Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

My SONOS works great, I just can't shut if off...no downloads or other complications.

One would think I could just exit the app and be done...I either pull the wifi connection, or like I did the first time, force stop the app and uninstall. CRAZY!!