Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Latest addition to man cave

Finally found the last piece to my tigers usher uniform so I decided to buy a mannequin to display it. Think I still need to get him a wig perhaps....and a name lol.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're the first person I've seen with a complete usher's uni.

What "era" is it?

Getting it with a mannequin is a really nice way to display - very nice.

Congratulations on getting the last piece. What was the last piece?

Does the tie have a logo?

Mike
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the mid '80's Tigers stuff! I've had the trash can against the back wall in your photo since they were selling them new; it's fun to see someone has another one like it.

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

Hi Mike - I actually wasn't considering the tie/shirt/shoes as part of the uniform (used my own shirt/shoes & found navy tie on ebay), but just the hat, pants, blazer, wool overcoat. I realize now I really don't have the true complete uniform (thanks for that! Now I have to start searching again LOL). The last piece of this ensemble anyhow was the pants. I purchased all the other pieces from a gentlemen 5 or so years ago, but he didn't know what happened to the pants.

The era looks to be from sometime 70's/80's

Found a nice deal on the mannequin on ebay for $70 delivered...it's hollow hard plastic, but seems durable and a pretty good deal compared to the fiberglass and other mannequins which are usually at least a couple hundred.

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Next time you wanna play a prank on your wife or kids, sneak that thing in the bedroom while they are sleeping, get out and tap on the door. LOLZ

• Options
    fmclaug11fmclaug11 Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

I have to tell you, I've only had it up for a few hours now and I walked downstairs and wasn't thinking about it and looked up and jumped a bit...guess it will take some time to get used to it down there lol

• Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Ladies and gentlemen, it's Justin Bieber the Tiger Stadium usher!

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

@mikelowell25 said:
    Ladies and gentlemen, it's Justin Bieber the Tiger Stadium usher!

HAHA! I was scrolling down to write the same thing!!!!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one cool display. :+1::+1:

Thanks for sharing it.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

@lawyer05 said:
    I need a mannequin

Getting lonely over there?

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice display. That vertical baseball arcade game in the background brings back memories.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".