Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

US-Philippines Collecting and Mr. JustHavingFun

I have recently return to collecting after a 10 year hiatus and have been going back through my US-Phil collection. When I was a younger man collecting, I was drawn to US-Phil as a beautiful and historically interesting coin that was not too heavily collected. Back then in an earlier incarnation of the CU forum, I corresponded with the amazingly kind, helpful, and knowledgeable @Justhavingfun. At the time, I did not know that Mr.JHF was a world class numismatist with numerous chart topping registry sets. Interactions with him really pushed me into enjoying US-Phil collecting and I have never forgotten that. He lead directly to two of my best purchases, coins that I will likely never part with.

With coming back to US-Phil after that 10+ year break, the market seems to have taken off quite a bit. There are many more slabbed coins and prices are quite a bit higher. Perhaps I am remembering the past price levels more fondly than realistically, but your basic EBay prices seem to have risen a good bit higher. I also saw that Mr. JHF sold off his collection on Teletrade (defunct?) a few years ago. I'm kicking myself for not being aware of that sale. Likely, I could only afford the dregs of his collection, but I would be a proud owner nonetheless.

Are there any remnants of his collection still for sale, who are the primary dealers of US-Phil these days, and has the US-Phil market changed as much as I recall?

Thanks for your thoughts.

(edit: briefly posted in World & Ancient forum, but migrated to US forum)

Comments

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suggest you ping Mitch @wondercoin as he was the one assisting JHF.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Bochiman ...

Mharris ... feel free to contact me at (949) 394-7122 to discuss the JHF USPI collection or my son Justin at justin@monstercoinmart.com (ebay handle: monstercoinmart).

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too had some interesting conversations with JHF when I was collecting Jeffersons. Very generous with his time even though our collections were worlds apart.

• Options
    mharrismharris Posts: 20 ✭✭

@wondercoin thanks for the response. I'll be in touch soon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file