Home Q & A Forum
Options

Help to identify

I have no idea about the history or origin of the coin I hope attached. I seek information on the coin. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

This appears to be a token used as part of a game. Is it plastic?

"It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options

Doesn't really have a plastic feel, at least not to me. It's weight is about. 29 grams. I don't suspect it is an actual valued coin, but I am curious since I did receive it as change.

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2017 12:38PM

"MEDIA MONEY" makes me wonder if it isn't a movie prop?

I know they make fake paper currency that mimics the real stuff, just for movies, and the inscriptions on those bills will often be sort of like that.

But making a movie prop of a Lincoln cent is rather absurd when there are so many real ones out there.

So no, probably not a movie prop. Maybe more "media" as in "classroom media", for a teaching aid?

Or maybe just play money.

Never seen one of these.

It isn't a coin, though. It's not US government legal tender. So call it a token.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

Thank you for the reply. I have not noticed any marks that indicate, overtly, not for legal tender.
    I really do appreciate your time. I'm considering the matter closed and tossing the token into the river.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2017 11:06AM

Ahhhhhhhh NO! Plenty of us would be thankful to own it!!!!!!!!!!