Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

OT: RIP Greg Allman

jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very sad news. The Allman Brothers have always been one of my favorite bands. I saw them in concert four times.
James

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/gregg-allman-dead-69/story?id=47682228

Comments

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

I went to college in Statesboro, Georgia, not far from Savannah; the Allman Brothers Band has a special place in my southern rock repertoire. The Brothers are back together again.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

All people know people that die. All people die. All here will die. Some now, some later. Inevitable. It's weird how people post about people dying. It's like "look at me, I cared so much, I am affected by this, look at me please'

Celebrate Greg Allman's Life please. He had a good one and lived long. Congratulate !!! the Man's death and thank him for his music. This, verse the extremely lame religion aspect that makes humans stupid. You gotta admit, by posting the post and those adding to it, it is in your heart looking for attention, not the dead guy, you sought attention from his death,

• jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oddrodz, do you ever have anything positive to post? If you can't say anything good, just move on. With the comments you make you have some nerve accusing anyone of seeking attention. Go away.
    James

• OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

My post was the positive post here.

• SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

This, verse the extremely lame religion aspect that makes humans stupid.

Huh?

"Molon Labe"

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

I only posted to acknowledge a shared love of an awesome talent. I don't know the man, but I liked his music and the time of life it connects me to. Nice rant bruh.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Lost rock star du jour. Who's gonna pay to watch when all that we have left is a 90-year old Mick Jaggar?

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me. Hopefully.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

sad news

always enjoyed his music. his music always takes me back to a different time for me.

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Dude had him a rocking Cher. Bow at the altar.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• muffinsmuffins Posts: 469 ✭✭✭

statesboro grad as well.

and knew gregg well. second transplants rarely go the distance.

anyways, helped him out a few years back and surprised me w a washburn from his personal collection after the gig.

_

• ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Nice stuff hanging on those walls! Gregg was a good guy and always good to Macon. His funeral was today and it was great to see him honored the way he was. RIP

thanks, brent!

been some amazing tributes going out...

the one by dead & co. and then the tedeschi trucks one stick out thus far!

how was the public motor cage turn out?

There were tons of people around. It was a fitting tribute. He will definitely be missed. The big house was rocking too.

Speaking of Tedeschi Trucks - makes me think back to last fall and seeing them at the Beacon in NYC...a favorite of Gregg and the boys over the years. I think you had seen them at the Panic show the month prior to me.

• pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

wow what a keepsake you have there muffins! His music will live on forever!!!

• pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Speaking of dead and co, I'm seeing them in Pittsburgh and Cleveland this month...can't hardly wait! I was lucky enough to attend 3 shows on their last 2 tours(D.C., Bristow, and Pittsburgh) and they were nothing short of amazing!!!

Hey Bob - here are some photos from Saturday that were published by the local newspaper.

http://www.macon.com/news/local/article154247309.html

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

muff, that's a cool story and a badass piece of memorabilia!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.