Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1963? White Sox team signed ball..legit?

My dad gave me this ball years ago, I don't know where he got it. I believe it's the 63 white sox. Hoyt Wilhelm and Nellie Fox are both there. Does this seem authentic?

Comments

• Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

Looks good to me, although I don't see Fox.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

i like it
    IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

@MooseDog said:

I may be wrong, but I thought the top signature in the second pic was Fox, above Ray Herbert

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    edited May 28, 2017 12:57PM

@Planbchu said:

@MooseDog said:

I may be wrong, but I thought the top signature in the second pic was Fox, above Ray Herbert

When I saw the one you are talking about it looked like Minnie Minoso to me. He played with the Sox in '64 though not 63.

Edited to add: Nellie Fox was with the White Sox in '63 but not '64

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭

I don't know...it sort of looks stamped to me.

Nikklos
  • Options

First photo- Tony Cuccinello (coach), Hoyt Wilhelm, Don Buford, Camilo Carreon. Second photo- ?, Ray Herbert, Gary Peters. Third photo- ?, Ray Herbert, Gary Peters, Joe Cunningham, Gene Stephens, Fritz Ackley, Charlie Maxwell. Fourth photo- John Buzhardt, ?, Charlie Smith, Tom McCraw, Jim Landis, Ron Hansen, Pete Ward. Fifth photo- Eddie Fisher, John Cooney (coach), Deacon Jones, J C Martin, Juan Pizarro, Mike Hershberger. Sixth photo- ?, Don Gutteridge (coach). Every name that I could make out either played for or coached the White Sox in 1963 and 1964 except Deacon Jones, who did not play for them in 1964 but was still a member of the organization that year. Can anyone make out with certainty the first name in the second photo, the second name in the fourth photo, or the first name on the sweet spot on the sixth photo? Possibly Minnie Minoso, no clue, and possibly Dave Nicholson?

• Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭

The one above Herbert is definitely Minnie Minoso. As to the unknown, I don't believe it is a MLB player. You might want to check a reference to a batboy, clubhouse manager, equipment manager, etc named Greg or Gary with a last name starting with My or Mz or something like that. The sweet spot is definitely not Minoso, and doubtful it's Nicholson.