RIP Jim Bunning

Passed away at the age of 85.

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sad.

Hiya David.

Mike
  • IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

RIP to a statesman, and HOF good pitcher. Somehow I vaguely remember him being on one of the cards when I got my first Topps baseball cards in the spring of 1961. It was one of the AL leaders cards, probably most strikeouts. I was 6 1/2 years old. I mention this because it seems I have lived nearly all of my life knowing about Jim Bunning.

Years later, when I began to send away for vintage cards from The Trading Card Company, of Farmington Hills, Michigan, I ordered Jim's 1958 Topps, a nice portrait with a vivid lavender background.

May God rest his soul and comfort his grieving family.

---Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)

PS---It's neither here nor there, I guess, but I believe I still have that 1961 Topps AL Leaders card with Mr. Bunning on it.

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    edited May 27, 2017 1:39PM

RIP Mr. Bunning:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

sad news

RIP

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about Mr Bunning. I was surprised at first but then I read he was 85. I got this sig from him through the mail in the '80's:

Daniel
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Very nice life! Wish he could of pitched in the postseason though (thanks Gene!).

Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP, Jim Bunning.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)