Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Taking my son to his first major league game tomorrow!

We reside in Charleston, WV, so any pro games have always been at least a 4 hour(or more) road trip...for one reason or another, he has never gone with me to a game...he is 16 now, and has just recently started to show interest in baseball and card collecting...I'm super excited about bonding with him in this way! Given the choice to go see the mets vs pirates or the royals vs Indians, he has chosen the royals/Indians game...I've been to lots of games @ PNC, but this will be my first trip to Progressive Field...anyone know of any good card shops off of i77 in Ohio that are open on Saturday? We will be arriving in Cleveland 3 hours before the game and will need something to do...any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    BeRoyalKCBeRoyalKC Posts: 413 ✭✭

PJB have a great time. Fondest baseball game memories I've had were with my Dad. Memories that will last a lifetime.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Not sure about card shops, but if you like ice cream, make sure to stop by Mitchell's in Cleveland. Absolutely the best hot fudge sundae on the planet IMHO. Have a great time at the game!

Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

That is awesome. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is an option. I am not from Cleveland, but it is close by.

• Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

try to get an authenticated game ball or see if the Indians give out "First Game Certificates" or things like that
    Have Fun
    IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

If you are spending the night the Canton card show is on Sunday.

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

What is the address of the show in canton? We are more than likely going to stay the night in the area

• Options

We have arrived safely...the trusty iPhone got me here with zero hassle!

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

That is special time you will always remember. Some of my best memories are going to games with my Dad and brother. Have a great time.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

4375 metro circle NW
    North canton, oh

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

I hope you guys have a great experience and some good father/son time.

My dad brought me to my first baseball game in 1963 to watch the METS play at the Polo Grounds! While I don't remember the game (I was 5 yrs old) I still have the Yearbook that my dad bought me that day. IIRC, it cost 50 cents.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

my first game was at Yankee Stadium in the summer of 1971 (vs Baltimore)

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

We had a great day...weather was perfect, great seats, and Frank Robinson spoke before the game(they retired #20)...the Indians lost but it was still a winner!

• Options

• Options

• Options

awesome! he will never forget this
    IMF

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like you guess made some nice memories together and that is what it's all about.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

So glad you had a great day. Don't ever get rid of that Jose Ramirez Bobblehead. It will be a wonderful reminder, many years down the line, to both of you about your son's first baseball game.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Your son has great taste in music btw. Great shirt

• Options

Thanks for the kind words guys...Tre really enjoyed the trip, as did I...I picked him up a blaster box of 2017 Topps on the way home, and he was thrilled to find some cards of the players that he'd just seen

• Options

@thunderdan said:
    Your son has great taste in music btw. Great shirt

He gets it honest