Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

'09 Allen & Ginter Box Rip

OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

On the box bottom top right, the odds: "Approximate odds per box of finding (*Sequentially Numbered) : *N43 Autograph 1;270..." etc.. is that 1 in 270 boxes, or 1 in 270 packs ?

Comments

• Options

Topps went all out with the presentation here:

• Options

Please tell me there is more than 1 hit in these boxes. The Doumit card was depressing. 8 of 24 packs:

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Let's hope you enjoy the remaining box a bit more.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

Don't some years, (or is it all years?) have a card hidden in between the box sides? Thought I remembered hearing that at some point.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2017 7:26AM

Really ? will be sure to take this box apart :) thanks

Packs 9 - 16. Some relief with a framed Ichiro. Just a jersey though, not a silk or anything better. Someone's little Chihuahua (pronounced chee-huuuahhh-huuuahhh) got to the corners of a couple of the minis.

• Options
    FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 468 ✭✭✭

There are 3 hits per hobby box. You have saved the best for last - third hit should be an auto, plate, or rip card. May I suggest you get a plate or rip card? ;)

• Options

I wish I had taken your suggestion properly. Strike 3 ! ugh. Ichiro is cool though. Him and Pete are the Hit Gods.

Well this box was a FAIL monetarily. But the enjoyment and fun factor of opening it outweighed the.. the ....... well screw that ! I wanted a HIT !!! B)o:)B)

Peeled the box apart and no hidden gem anywhere.

• Options

Forgot to mention I did get the Winning Beard Man card.

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

A bit of trivia here: What card pictured on the front of the box doesn't exist?

• Options

Would bet the Napoleon pube card.

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

nope.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited June 3, 2017 4:31AM

The mantle? If that does exist then it's a very cool card, and if it doesn't, then how come lol?

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

What is considered the "best" year of A & G to rip?

• Options

'06 I would vote for. For absolute no other reason than it is the most expensive B) Danicnt Patrick may be the draw there. Since she hasn't actually done anything in a decade worthy of note, other than HO I'M So Pretty' commercials a few years ago, that may have changed.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

2006 also has Tyson and Hogan.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Ty for the info. I have always liked the bold colors of the auto cards from this series. The mix of sports and cultural celebs is also a draw.