Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Kudos to RipublicaninMass....

....for being profiled in the latest issue of SMR! Interesting and enjoyable read!

Comments

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Thank you! It is much appreciated

• StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

That is pretty cool, will have to check that out!! Way to go RepublicaninMass!!

• mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

From one Boston boy to another, great story, interview and impressive achievement Teddy! :)

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats!

• GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Nice article Ted!

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's not everyday that you can share your collection with so many people, or anyone who cares for that matter.

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great article, Ted!!!

It was a nice read. Keep that passion burning.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

Great article and congrats on taking on a mission like that! (And I have to say it sounds like you have an awesome job)

"Molon Labe"

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't received my copy yet Ted.

Looking forward to reading.

Mike
  • SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

Mike It's on line for free at PSA's website

"Molon Labe"

• OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Can you please post the direct link, Not having luck finding it on the site. thank you

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

If only he was not always trolling ebay looking for pricing errors :)

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

In our world here, this solidifies RipublicaninMass's Rock Star status :)

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great article.

• BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

Nice spread Ted! An even better back story!

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

Great story and fine work, Ted! Hope you get to land your Campy

• judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Received my issue in the mail today and read the article. Very interesting story. Congratulations, and hope you fill many more on the want list.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

Thanks again everyone. One of the recent auctions had an astounding 16 of the 40 cards I still need. I was not able to win any, but was able to find out where they reside if they ever come for sale. There are still 10 cards, campy included, which do not have a single red flip graded since psa/dna started authenticating. I have come across a few other examples in psa authentic red flips that where graded very early on, and were not listed as autographed or in the pop report as autographed.

Before psa, there was a group of 381 which had sold, to whom I have not beem able to find. I'd be curious if any of these have made their way to grading.

Although some of what I had said had been paraphrased. I wanted to stress I would have never been able to find so many card without the help of other collectors, most notably, the competition!

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭

really enjoyed the article!
    IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.