Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help Me Spend Some Money

mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Hello, If I wanted to spend $1500 on either a 57 Unitas PSA 7 or a 61 Lake to Lake Bart Starr PSA 7, what would you do? I am a huge Packer and Starr fan, but also a huge money fan. What would you do?

PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    PackerjohnPackerjohn Posts: 59 ✭✭

By far the harder card to find in any condition is the 61 Lake to lake. I live in WI, and have only seen one. PSA has graded maybe 20 total.

That one is my vote

Lets Go Packers!

PackerJohn
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

When I first read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be a PayPal question. But it turns out i was wrong and instead you need to work on your selling ;)

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Starr!!!!!

• Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭

It depends on what you are trying to do. The lake to lake is by far tougher but often issues like that are so rare that they have a smaller following and therefore can be tougher to sell and appreciate slower. The Unitas is a safe bet in my opinion for resale and consistant appreciation.

If you are going to keep it, buy the Starr but if you might sell consider the Unitas.

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1

@Beck6 said:
    It depends on what you are trying to do. The lake to lake is by far tougher but often issues like that are so rare that they have a smaller following and therefore can be tougher to sell and appreciate slower. The Unitas is a safe bet in my opinion for resale and consistant appreciation.

If you are going to keep it, buy the Starr but if you might sell consider the Unitas.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree with this statement.

Good luck with your purchase.

Donato

@Beck6 said:

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)