Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Master Set question

I am working on the Fred McGriff Master set and recently requested some card I have be added. Three cards have been added so far but PSA has listed them as optional and are not used to calculate the grade or the completion percentage of the set. What gives with that? Does it take them time to add them in as these are cards that aren't all that hard to find. Here are the three I added so far.
1998 BOWMAN'S BEST 34 FRED MCGRIFF REFRACTOR
1998 PINNACLE PLUS 120 FRED McGRIFF
2000 UPPER DECK IONIX 18 FRED McGRIFF

Comments

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Well right after posting this I got a message stating this.

HI Ben,

Anything requested after the 4/30/17 deadline will be added as optional until after the awards.

So I guess That answers my question. Anyone know when the awards are done?

• Options
    SullyknowsSullyknows Posts: 104 ✭✭

end of this month

• Options

@Sullyknows said:
    end of this month

Thanks for the reply

• Options

@Mr_9 said:

@BenG76 said:
    I am working on the Fred McGriff Master set

I remember that guy. I came around to the sports and collecting world in the late 80s.
    Whatever happened to him? Did he make the 500hr club?

He came up a few short on the 500 HR Club. He got within 7 or so I think of the top of my head.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never heard Mcgriff's name mentioned in any sort of negative light towards anything....

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

Not a solitary peep.

Ben's right about Fred's final HR total (493)

As I always tell people, he had 10 more in October, which many don't seem to recall.

• Options

Had it not been for the strike in 94-95 I think he would have passed the 500 HR mark for sure.