Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Amazing short snorter, take a look! Joe Crosson Alaskan pilot.

Hey everyone never knew this was a forum here so I wanted to post my short snorter found awhile back. I was at a bank one day and an older lady had opened a savings account and deposited her cash in all silver certificates and red seal bills. I bough them all at face value, sold most of the circulated silver certs for $2 a piece, kept the nice crisp ones and all the star notes. There was one bill in particular that caught my eye, I hadn't even heard of a "Short Snorter" before. Upon further research I later found out mine was signed by Joe Crosson an Alaskan bush pilot with an absolutely incredible history. This is my most treasured bank note by far, my only question to you all is, Can you get short snorters graded or would they just say damaged?

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,and thanks for sharing! You can certainly get the note graded but why would you? Getting a note graded may depend on your personal needs/goals.As cool as the note is(and it is!),it's value is less than,or just about,the cost of getting it graded(unless there's something special on the front I can't see).Also,there's not much question that it is a well circulated note so there's no hope of getting a "pop" from the grading company.I get the enthusiasm but,in my opinion,there's no reason to grade this note.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

Super cool, thanks for sharing!

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Thanks for posting. I looked up Joe Crosson - pretty amazing guy, Even had a book written about him - https://www.amazon.com/Mercy-Pilot-Joe-Crosson-Story/dp/0970849370

Awesome note. No need to get it graded. Instead, just put it in a mylar holder to keep it from getting damaged and you're good to go!