Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Can anyone suggest a dealer that would except coins by mail to be submitted to CAC ?

I have 2 dealers in my area that accept submissions, one is closing and the other has odd hours which makes it impossible for me to go there. I don't even know if dealers receive coins this way. Thanx

Best Answers

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2017 12:36PM Answer ✓

Americana Rare coins used to send in for CAC periodically. Just check with the dealers organizations usually on the home page and go from there.

https://www.americanararecoin.com/#

Here is a listing from CAC;

http://www.caccoin.com/cgi-bin/dealers.cgi

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    newcollectnewcollect Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

Thank you americana is going to help me out

Answers

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

HLRC does it at cost:
    http://www.hlrc.com/Home/CAC

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

One thing to be aware of, dealers will be charged regardless of stickering or not.
    Collectors are only charged for those that sticker.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Peace_dollar88Peace_dollar88 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bochiman said:
    One thing to be aware of, dealers will be charged regardless of stickering or not.

Really? If collector member send in a roll of 20 coins and only one passes they will only be charged for that 1 coin? I had no clue! That's cool.

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack said:
    I really appreciate the CAC doesn't charge me for stuff that doesn't sticker. Still wish JA would provide a quick explanation as to why not. Most of the time I'm forced to just guess it isn't nice enough for the grade.

QA Check is the best of the sticker companies on informing you the reasons for not stickering a coin.

Every coin that I have received back that didn't sticker has a note attached to it with a reason noted why it didn't sticker

GrandAm :)
  • Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

You must pay for return postage even with no sticker.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Peace_dollar88 said:

@Bochiman said:

Really? If collector member send in a roll of 20 coins and only one passes they will only be charged for that 1 coin? I had no clue! That's cool.

Yes. However, if you sent in 20, and only 1 stickered, you should rethink your understanding of grading/CAC and sending coins in ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd check around, I have done it for several people, and a local dealer does too. I asked Northeast coin about it and they said they would but wanted to get a shot at the coins when they came back.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FadeToBlack said:
    I really appreciate the CAC doesn't charge me for stuff that doesn't sticker. Still wish JA would provide a quick explanation as to why not. Most of the time I'm forced to just guess it isn't nice enough for the grade.

All you need to do is send a note with your submission asking John to take notes. He will do so and tell you why a coin failed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file