Home Stamps Forum

What do you think of my small but focused stamp collection?

I have always liked airmail stamps and finally got the following, all of which have good color, no skips or bends and are UGNH.
Here is what I have:

All three Zeps in OGNH 90 (C13-15).

All the first air mails (C1-6) in OGNH 90 (three of them ) and OGNH 95 in the other three.

I have thought about a $4 or $5 Columbian 90 in LH unused. What do you thin about this as an investment?

Answers

• oldgoldloveroldgoldlover Posts: 429 ✭✭✭

I forgot to mention I get all my stamps graded and encapsulated so there are no surprises.

• hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post some pictures :)

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

As an investment ... forget about stamps. Stamp collecting is a declining hobby and I see no reason to see any turn-around for it in the future. The only stamp people who seem to care about slabbed stamps are investors.

All glory is fleeting.
  • The pictures of your collection will help to provide more argumentative answer.

@291fifth said:
    As an investment ... forget about stamps. Stamp collecting is a declining hobby and I see no reason to see any turn-around for it in the future. The only stamp people who seem to care about slabbed stamps are investors.

I would agree with you with the exception of the rare, high grade material. I am using plat blocks bought in the 70s and 80s and this is the best way to get out even ex inflation.

Rare stamps are now being graded and this is because the difference between a 80 and 90 can be significant, on the rare stamps. If the whole hobby is dying grading and slabbing would not occur.

@Michael1 said:
    The pictures of your collection will help to provide more argumentative answer.

Now that I have all the electronics and a good camera I will post the C1-6 and 13-15. I will happen as soon as i get one back from the grader.

• Thank you for your promt reply. :)

• TheDukeKTheDukeK Posts: 359 ✭✭✭

Very prompt :wink:

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh well. Came here because of stamp interest over at coin forum. I get it. Bye Bye.