Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

What cards would u buy for 100$

OK let's say you have a budget of $100 to buy some baseball or hockey cards can be vintage or newer.who would u invest your money in. And why??

Comments

• Wow really 52 fellow collectors view this and not one leaves a comment. Was just looking for some advice

• originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭✭

It's too open-ended. I would buy a vintage star in something like a PSA 6, but that's what interests me/I enjoy. It might not be the best purchase in terms of making a flip and profit. Chances are with some hot moderns you'd be able to make some $ with your $100, but you'd have to know the market. You could just as easily lose, and if you have to ask "hey what should I buy" then odds are you'd make the wrong decision (just as I probably would.)

• Thanks i appreciate your answer. What i was looking for was ideas on what others are collecting. as a return collector i was looking for ideas from other collectors on what they would collect if they had 100$. i get everyone collects differently but just looking for what people think is hot, gives me an idea where to do a little research into . rookies, vintage, HOF'er, parallel cards, auto's, game used etc.....

• Too open ended...
    HOF RCs are good steady investment and easy to liquidate.

Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Also, people probably arent answering becasue it is so open ended and has been asked hundreds of times already.
    Also if there's any investment player they feel will explode someday, they arent about to give up that information.
    HOF RCs are about as safe as a mutual fund for investment purposes. Buy them as you learn what you want to collect and learn the hobby.

Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Also, you are in the bst forum, so unless you are buying, selling or trading a card for $100, people just pass by the thread.

I'd say a vintage ballpoint signed HOF card from as early as you can get.