Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1971 topps basketball thread

I am really new to the board. Has there ever been a 1971 topps basketball thread. If not maybe we could start one

Comments

• markmacmarkmac Posts: 412 ✭✭✭

I just finished my set last month. Last card was Zelmo Beaty. Took me about 12 years to complete it but it was a lot of fun. Great set!!

• coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭

I like all 1971 topps sports.

• RobbyRobby Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Hello and welcome to the Message Boards ! Things seem to be a little slow around here lately with no
    one writing anything about the Hobby !
    By all means feel free to make this the official 1971 Topps Basketball thread ! Post some pictures of your cards
    and tell us about any new purchases along the way ! I'm not a basketball card collector , but I do have some cards from the early 90's ! Would love to hear anything you have to write about the '71 set !
    Robbie :)

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • dw9900dw9900 Posts: 13

thanks Robbie, will try to scan some of my new purchases tomorrow, hopefully we can get some things rolling on this great set

here is my first sub to psa , trying to get a bump on this psa 8 Maravich. In old holder and looks much better than a 8 in hand

I Always liked Pistol Pete ..............he was a Super fun guy to watch ........long range
    bomber who could hit from anywhere !

1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set

@dw9900 said:
    here is my first sub to psa , trying to get a bump on this psa 8 Maravich. In old holder and looks much better than a 8 in hand

The card is from an older , early slab ! Hard to tell from the scan , but it does appear nice ! In my experience , older slabs can be hidden Gems when Psa was tougher ( even more so then now ) on grading ........or just the opposite ! If the corners are really nice and the back is decently centered and a nice gloss on the front .................it might bump ??? Let us know when you get the results back !
    Robbie

1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set

thanks I will , packed and heading out today.