Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

1935A MA block PMG 35 EPQ

Comments

• SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

I did bid on the note. I was not the underbidder. One of two $1 SCs I do not have from 1935 - 1957.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

35-D narr UE block is the other?

• SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Yes it is. I had a chance to buy an example in EF about 20 years ago.

I also need a back plate 470 note, but I don't consider it as needed for a type set.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

Yep, I recall passing on one in the '90's CAA auctions thinking it was too much

• mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

Crap I need this note too. Asleep at the wheel again ugh

edited August 31, 2017 4:21PM

There are a couple others out there...

• Yes, very tough, I need all three as well. Back on 5/3/13 I bought a 1934A $1 silver cert. M52262343A with a pic of the front only for peanuts from a European dealer. Being as this was 294 notes from the note listed in Schwartz Lindquist I was walking on air for about 2 weeks until it arrived with bp762 micro.

Corey was flashing a 1935 plain MA block this weekend!

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
    edited February 28, 2018 10:00AM

I know, he just throws it down on the SPMC table and watches the reaction.
    Amon Carter used to do the same thing too

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

That SPMC table sure had a lot of eye candy (Notes). Some of the characters though were questionable, haha!

• @synchr said:
    Corey was flashing a 1935 plain MA block this weekend!

Yeah his 1935 plain MA mule in 45PPQ is a beast!

@Tookybandit said:
    That SPMC table sure had a lot of eye candy (Notes). Some of the characters though were questionable, haha!

Somebody mentioned free Girl Scout cookies and you should have seen these guys move like "The Flash"!
    We noticed Robert took the display case key with him..... :)

• Haha I never turn down free cookies!

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018 12:28PM

I remember hearing that, man I missed out big time!!!! Instead of cookies I was busy Schmoozing ...but I did manage to get a $50 hot dog! (Not quite that much but close, haha)