Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1961 fleer hoops box and1948 leaf unopened baseball pack---Yowzers!!!

These two items are in the stratosphere in the REA auction closing today.

I would love these but prices are sky high, but deservedly so. Cant be more than a few of each around.

1960 cello box at 40k too

Comments

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Crazy money in that auction. Who says cardboad prices are crashing?

Cracker Jack / Cobb cards are on fire also.

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

This makes the 1961 the most expensive box ever and the 1948 the most expensive pack ever (plus it looks like a popped seal to me but what do I know. )

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2017 6:45PM

Closing in on $60,000 (20%BP) for a pack WOW

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a link?

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Thank you

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Wow - Chamberlain rookie on top of one of the 61 packs.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

That's an avg of $5k/pack -- remarkable. I expected $65k at most and it almost doubled that.

• Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭

At 6 cards per pack and 66 cards in the set, that is an amazing valuation! Not that the winner is going to rip it, but in order to get that kind of money out of the box he/she would need to pull THREE PSA 9 Chamberlain RCs (or maybe the winner thinks there's a 10 in there?).

In all seriousness, you cant value a box like this by the number of packs or the potential contents. This is likely either a 1-of-a-kind survivor, or at worst there might be 1 or 2 more boxes that still exist. It's the rarity of the full box itself that is what drew this price.

Dave
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@coinspacks said:
    This makes the 1961 the most expensive box ever and the 1948 the most expensive pack ever (plus it looks like a popped seal to me but what do I know. )

I'm not absolutely positive, but if it is like other packs of the day, no wax was used. They were just folded wrappers. Like the 51 red/blue backs. Authenticity is gauged by if the creases look original and undisturbed.

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

This link has all sorted from highest on down. A friggamazathon.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/Lots/Gallery?order=2

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 1, 2017 5:55PM

@addicted2ebay said:
    Crazy money in that auction. Who says cardboad prices are crashing?

Cracker Jack / Cobb cards are on fire also.

>

Wow what an amazing auction, blown away with the '61 box what an amazing sale!

And there's really only a couple on here proclaiming the crash has been coming like a broken record for years now. Most of us have been steadfast in our belief unopened prices would continue to rise and have been nicely rewarded so far. It's a shame though some year I'm sure prices will go 20% and those predicting the crash will all say "I told you so" and it will be up to you to point out they were right for the last 20% but missed the 120% on the upside waiting for it.

And for the record if anyone would like to hold me to a prediction...I predict unopened prices will rise for about 3 months after the US stock market corrects 20% and then will reflect that pull back. But today we can all enjoy stock market highs and unopened price highs!

Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

I guess now we all watch memorylane and milehigh auctions to see how high unopened goes.

Still some items without bids on memorylane and still some bargains on milehigh.

• Options

this one seems like a deal so far for memorylane.
    http://memorylaneinc.com/site/bids/bidplace?itemid=42973