Home Sports Talk
Options

I don't watch much boxing anymore BUT........Beyond Epic

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 29, 2017 9:08PM in Sports Talk

The Klitschko-Joshua Heavyweight Fight was one of the best fights I've ever seen. Maybe the best. For sure the best Heavyweight fight in at least 30 years. Instant Classic.

Watch it if you can. Old school at its best.

Cries for a rematch.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    The Klitschko-Joshua Heavyweight Fight was one of the best fights I've ever seen. Maybe the best. For sure the best Heavyweight fight in at least 30 years. Instant Classic.

Watch it if you can. Old school at its best.

Cries for a rematch.

mark

Better than Ali vs Frazer or Forman????? Doesn't seem possible to me.

• Options

Watch it and you tell me how great the fight was. You like the big names but judge it on the fight alone and get back to me.

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2017 8:13PM

@Justacommeman said:
    Watch it and you tell me how great the fight was. You like the big names but judge it on the fight alone and get back to me.

mark

He won't, lol.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2017 8:27PM

If Mantle vs Ruth squared off he would be all over it. Not sure his one could comment without seeing the fight

Foreman's greatest fight was against Ron Lyle. The 4th round of that fight was one of the best if not best rounds in boxing history. Only the middleweight bout round between Hearns- Hagler rivaled it. But Lyle- Foreman were heavyweights. Big difference.

For sure the Klitschko-Joshua fight was the best since Bowe-Holyfields first fight. Better IMO

M

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree it was a great fight. Joshua is a great fighter and I think the next big thing in boxing right now. Klitschko has been great for a long time, but he is getting up there in age and I would love to be able to watch him in his prime go against Joshua. Either one of the Klitschko brothers would have been a great fight against Joshua. They're all knockout artists. I hope a rematch occurs between these two.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

Two 250+ pounders hurling haymakers and each getting off of the mat to survive. It had it all

Mark

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

The first fight between Duran and Leonard was epic.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree on the Lyle/Forman fight. It was a knock down drag out fight.