Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Why did PCGS not grade these gold error coins as errors??

2»

Comments

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,478 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 3, 2017 4:03PM

@jwitten said:

@19Lyds said:

@jwitten said:
    Anybody?

Answered.

What do you mean? The wrong answer is not "answered", in my opinion.

Huh?

This new forum doesn't forget once you start to respond to a post and I was going to respond with the question "Did you submit these on an Error Submission?"
    But before posting I thought I'd do something I rare such as "read" the post before responding with a question which had already been asked and "Answered.".

When someone post the simple word "Answered.", it may not mean that your question was answered as much as it means that "my" or the responders question was answered.

I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a pre-paid fedex label tonight. Both Mark Stephenson and Fred had me put notes on the submission form to notify them. Hopefully it get to the right people this time.

• Options

Just got notification... all 3 are now graded as errors! Thank you for fixing this pcgs!

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Persistence paid off. Glad our host made everything right for you. Congrats. :)

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great! I'm glad you got them in error holders!

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats! It should not have come to sending them back, at additional expense (thiers). If they (PCGS) would slow down just a bit and actually read the notes section on the submission form...

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:
    Just got notification... all 3 are now graded as errors! Thank you for fixing this pcgs!

Mark is a really great guy. Glad he got this sorted out for you.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Color me uninformed. Who is Mark Stephenson? How long has he been w/PCGS. What is his formal position in the company. Did he come aboard when the other fellow - can't remember his name at the moment :( - went to NGC a year ago?
    Again, I apologize for being an old "shut-in."

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2017 9:59PM

@Insider2 said:
    Color me uninformed. Who is Mark Stephenson? How long has he been w/PCGS. What is his formal position in the company. Did he come aboard when the other fellow - can't remember his name at the moment :( - went to NGC a year ago?
    Again, I apologize for being an old "shut-in."

Mark Stephenson is the Vice President of PCGS. I don't know his resume but if you search around on the site you should be able to find it.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2017 8:50AM

Thanks. I'll Google him.

• Options

• Options
    edited June 7, 2017 1:52PM

I don't think the 1927 looks that cleaned... a few VERY light hairlines but that is common on gold. I'm just happy they all came back errors though!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file