Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Post your Reverse-Mounted Slabs!

If for some reason the reverse is more appealing, or you did it to shake up the repetition of a massive date set, reverse-mounted coins make you look twice. Let's see 'em!

Here's one of mine: an 1874-CC Trade Dollar w/ chop mark. The chop (星, meaning 'star') was so well placed and clear that I had to show it off. Got lucky that it didn't receive a details grade with the drill mark chop.

Comments

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not what you were expecting.... :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Lakesammman was that PCGS trying to do the same as NGC in their original black holders (by having the grading service name be the front and a grade on the back)?

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's one of mine:

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't we just do this?
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file