Home Sports Talk
Options

ESPN layoffs.....

Man, Jayson Stark? He's one of the best to listen talk about MLB.

He'll be employed by May 1st I think....no way a talent like that sits around

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do hope the lefty network is suffering from the choices it has made. I don't really hold out hope that the network executives learn from this

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 8 bucks ESPN is costing every american cable subscriber is a disgrace . Every cord cutter is costing ESPN $100 a year and there are a few million more every year.

Didn't they pay 2 billion for college football recently? A lot of money to pay considering the players work for free

• Options

Way to bring politics into it, Barndog

As for what they've paid for rights to broadcast....I've never understood how they could sustain it.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

Goodbye Ohio State troll Mark May......ITS ABOUT FREAKIN TIME!

BAHAHAHAHAA

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Overstaffed, overpaid, overrated. Too bad they didn't drop Stephen A. Smith too.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bring back the beards and the beer and respect maybe viewers come back

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

I'm not a big believer that ESPN is hurting because of cord-cutting. I think the market changed for them when each of the major sports leagues and college conferences launched their own TV channels, websites and out of market packages.

Years ago I'd watch baseball tonight all the time or sit through Sportscenter to get baseball highlight's. Now instead of waiting for BBT's airtime or sitting through an episode of Sportscenter filled with a lot of content I don't care about, I can turn to MLB Network and get baseball highlights 24 hours a day.

Where ESPN dropped the ball, was launching ESPN 2 as a clone of ESPN 1 instead of deciding to launch multiple channels dedicated to each sport (ESPN Baseball, ESPN Football) and instead giving the leagues the opportunity to do so.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SirLurksALot said:

It's actually a fair comment. ESPN has made a conscious decision to be political - something they've admitted. The politics they've shown are clearly left of center. Many, many people have turned away from ESPN as a result. That's factual.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@SirLurksALot said:

It's actually a fair comment. ESPN has made a conscious decision to be political - something they've admitted. The politics they've shown are clearly left of center. Many, many people have turned away from ESPN as a result. That's factual.

at the point where its pretty clear people are sick to death of politics , they decide sports fans want to hear more politics :D .

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish they'd get rid of Jessica Mendoza! I absolutely cannot stand listening to her and all the inane chatter, laughing, giggling and goofing off between her and the other two during games.

It is completely impossible to sit down and watch, or even listen to a game they broadcast any more!

Steve

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

they should discontinue it permanently.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know who employ's Doug Gottlieb, but the squeaky little twerp went on an anti gun rant a few years ago. Better he stick to what he knows best, basketball and stealing.