Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does this card look trimmed / oddly cut or is it me?

I've been looking at the upper left side going into the corner... Looks like an odd cut angle, but hard to tell be cause the card has a tilt and the edge of the card is near a spacer in the holder. Thoughts? Thanks!

ebay.com/itm/1972-TOPPS-200-ROGER-STAUBACH-RC-HEISMAN-COWBOYS-HOF-PSA-8-5-F2418460-386-/381970126316?hash=item58ef3195ec:g:QGIAAOSwOgdY01nD

Comments

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

If I sent that in, it comes back EOT.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Lower right side, too. If you view it on the reverse lower left, it's easier to tell how it curves slightly inward. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that in hand.

• Options
    schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭

It may be bowed in the holder, not necessarily laying flat causing the illusion that the edges aren't straight.

Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"
  • Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

schapko, I might believe that theory if I didn't already know that the Staubach rookie is notorious for miscuts. There are plenty of fuglies floating around on eBay. Even examples graded with an OC qualifier have angulated cut problems, but somehow make it into holders.

• Options
    49ersGuy49ersGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭

Upper left definitely looks off.

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

@schapko said:
    It may be bowed in the holder, not necessarily laying flat causing the illusion that the edges aren't straight.

Agree, this is what it looks like to me.

The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I guess 4 sharp corners is capable of putting up a zoom scan when they want.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

Nearly a year later, it is still up for sale. 4sc continues to lower the price, it will be interesting to see what it ultimately sells for.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

look at the rear view, the whole left edge looks like a bad trim job and doesn't even look cut straight at all

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16, 2018 5:25AM

I think it is a bowed card and not miscut. If you do look along the left edge as @dictoresno suggests, you can see the slight flare out on both top and bottom which any card laying curled from being stored in a set for years would appear similar to.

With that being said, I would have expected an approximate minimum grade of 7 had I submitted it due to the 4 tip touches, albeit light.