Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Estate/Flea Market/Yard Sale Pickups

Not sure if a thread exists for random finds in the wild. I picked this fine lot up this weekend at a local Estate Auction for a grand total of $5.50.

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great deal! I love 89 fleer

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Awesome pick up!

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

First one I have ever pulled. Bill Ripken FF.

• Options

Great idea for a thread! When I was in High School (mid 90's) I was at a Flea Market and walked past a vendor with a stack of binders w/ cards in them. On a whim I opened one and it was chock full of late 70's Topps baseball/football/hockey all in really strong shape. I pointed to a '78 Thurman Munson and asked how much. Fifteen dollars was the reply. I thought that's pretty steep for a '78 Munson. I guess he must have seen my expression because he then said, "Fifteen bucks. For the album. The cards come with it."

:o

As you can imagine I almost broke my arm getting my wallet out. I immediately began to flip through his other binders, sadly most were filled with 80s/90s junk. But man did the binder I bought produce some gems! The Molitor/Trammell rookie, '78 Nolan Ryan, '79 Walter Payton, '79 Gordie Howe...almost all the top stars of the day (Rose, Jackson, Staubach, etc...) And again they were all in GREAT shape! Sadly no Gretzky rookie.

It's been many years and I still to this day own many of the cards from that binder. What a thrill!

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great pickup and lots of fun for cheap money.

Congrats on your find.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Rescued from a local estate auction for a total of $1.10.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't beat the price on that beauty!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭

Man good find on the brown,

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

Rescued from estate sale? How about stealing. LOL Good for you for grabbing it.