Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Wealthy collector want list servicing question

I dealt with a Vermont collector who was happy to buy a few certified quality items from me after dealing with a dealer who misrepresented notes as better than they were. Subsequently he asked if I was interested in finding some quality notes for him, I figured just referring him to leaders in the field like Tom Denly, Don Kelly, Scott Lindquist and a couple of the auction companies would give him more choice and freedom to find what he liked. How would others handle that?

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

If he's already happy dealing with you, then (If it was me) I would fill his want list for him. The service could provide you with a financial benefit for doing all of the homework on his behalf. Just communicate with the customer and see what arrangement you can come up with. He may not want to do all the hunting and you could negotiate 3%-10% commission per note. :)

• Options

Seems crazy to send away someone you have a relationship with who wants to spend more money with you. This is a great chance for you to build some relationships with dealers while keeping a customer happy. I don't see any downside.