Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE Newest Pickup

When was the last time you saw a 87/88 Fleer Basketball Wax Case? The buying process was $55K so wonder what they would sell individual FASC boxes for? Just saw this on Facebook!

Comments

• Options
    MacrosBMacrosB Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

I'm glad I went ahead and bought a box from the last case they had.

Jim

Looking for 66 and 69 OPC baseball
    60's OPC packs
    72 BB, 60's FB, 71FB, 73FB, 74FB, 75FB, 76FB, 78FB Rack Packs
    72 and earlier BB cello
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope that they sell the case intact as I am not sure if there is enough margin on breaking it open and selling them FASC. There is a BBCE box on ebay unsold for $4495, do the math and that equals to $53,940(I know the case will command more than the sum of the parts). I had a box a few years ago that I consigned through @tsalems1 and at the time the sale looked to be the first to break the 2k barrier. The price has softened on 1987 Fleer wax boxes from recent highs, as they once sold in the 7k range. Good luck BBCEx!

• Options

Surprised they didn't save this finding for the National! Price of the 87' box definitely has come way down from the $7-8k range!

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Even tough I like the design these boxes/cards were way overpriced and still are. There are virtually no RC's and the second year Jordan has cooled just like the RC. I think BBCE overpaid for this one.

• Options
    MintacularMintacular Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

How do you know they overpaid? Maybe just shooting high at first