Home Q & A Forum

1966 Lincoln Cent -Capped die or Brockage...???

astralea1692astralea1692 Posts: 4
edited April 22, 2017 5:26PM in Q & A Forum

1966 Lincoln Cent.... I've had advice given to me that this may be a 'brockage'...I thought capped die---ANY clues here??? I'm tired of scratching my head!! lol!

Double stamping??? Thanks!!!!

Best Answers

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

PM Fred Weinberg. He is a member here and can tell you. I am not sure. To me it just looks like damage. Post mint damage.

• astralea1692astralea1692 Posts: 4
    Answer ✓

I thought I had put the best side views pic.s up, here. It actually does have a large, round 'indentation', [the "dish'" look]. That is why I wanted to post it, here, after posting it on CoinQuest. I can post the photos that I think are more 'showing', but maybe this is one of the more contrary coins that need to be actually in hand, for it to be deemed pmd or anything other. [Lol-it'd be nice if I could hand this through the computer...haha, like star-trek.] In all seriousness, I'm not going against the grain here-or trying to 'make-it-rich, quick'...I'd really like to know, for sure, positively. I will go with your answers, {I am logical, esp. w/your expertise}, while my decision to keep it under '???' in my own odd binder pages. Thank you kindly & sincerely 'thebigeng' & 'Steve27' !!![](https://us.v-

cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/cl/26yww8h6x2i3.jpg "")

P.S. I sent 2 w/it in a holder...hoping it will show how much it protrudes on obv./opposite on rev. Sorry if I'm any trouble, really do not mean to be. Thank you, for your time & consideration!

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Good morning all -

This cent is damaged, and isn't an error coin of any type,
    I'm sorry to say.

Everything you see on it occurred after it was in circulation.

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022

Answers

• Thanks, guys!!!! I'll try to listen the first time, after this. I.m taurus & stubborn....but def. appreciative of all your efforts & tolerance of my diligence. lol. Thank you all!