Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS: 1991 Topps Desert Shield Baseball Partial Wax Box 22 Unopened Packs

RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

22 unopened packs.... $4500 total shipped with Paypal Friends only. Price and payment method are firm.

I had 2 full boxes of these. I had opened one pack from each box when I bought them to confirm they were Desert Shield. I sent the 2 boxes (70 packs) to Steve Hart a few months ago for authentication. He randomly opened 6 packs from each box to confirm they were legit in order to authenticate and shrink wrap one full box. That left me with these remaining 22 unopened packs. Steve would not shrink wrap any of these individual packs for me ...as he said he can no longer do that with wax packs due to his contract with PSA. I'm sure if you emailed Steve, he would confirm all of this.

Comments

• Options
    VintagemanEdVintagemanEd Posts: 922 ✭✭✭

Email for you?

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Damn, 6 packs of each box were essentially wasted to authenticate the box. There has to be a better way.

• Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

@Arsenal83 said:
    Damn, 6 packs of each box were essentially wasted to authenticate the box. There has to be a better way.

I thought so too. I spoke with Steve at length about this. He told me that he heard from someone that a high-intensity black light would show the shield through the pack, but that he never bought one to try it. I went ahead and tried that...with no luck. I also tried a small hobby-type metal detector...no luck there either.

• Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

I would have not even authenticated them. Desert Shield pack collectors know what there buying.