Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grading a card with very slight paper loss

Question for you guys that send in a lot of vintage stuff for grading. Can a card with even the slightest paper loss achieve a grade over a 1.5 ? So, this Dimmagio for example. Any chance of getting a grade above a 1 ?

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
Collecting:
post world war II HOF rookie
76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

I believe a card with paper loss can be graded as high as a "2". However, I don't think your card will grade higher than a "1". Even without the paper loss I don't think that card grades higher than a "2". Best of luck.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • That indention on the left side border equates no higher than a 1. and that top left corner doesn't help much too.

Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

The paper loss along with the side indentation and corner dents will only get this card a PSA 1, but I agree with Doug as I have seen a few T206 with that much paper loss (mostly on the back) that graded a PSA 2.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)