Home Sports Talk
Options

Aaron Hernandez found dead in his cell

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saw this on the morning news . Kind of odd , that a guy hangs himself after being acquitted . Maybe he had a little help?

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

he was serving a Life sentence without the possibility of Parole, so I don't even understand why they were bothering with the trial that just ended. what was the point, except to find solace for his latest victims in some way?? it's always puzzling when crimes like these take place and lives are thrown away, I just can't find it in myself to have any compassion or pity for this guy.

• Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭

The justice court system is very corrupt with a capital C.

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

he accomplished what the judicial system failed to do. good riddance

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 19, 2017 5:53AM

Rog must be sweating like Morris Claiborne taking the Wonderlic test right about now.

Just wait until the good ol' brain autopsy reveals a little C to tha T to tha E...

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

They were trying to get the second conviction to ensure he stays in prison for good. His lawyers were appealing his current life sentence. On the chance that they might actually win the appeal, that would have reduced his sentence. A second conviction on top of the first one would have guaranteed he never lives long enough to breath free air again.

What a POS. Had everything and just pissed it all away.

• Options

@Brian48 said:
    They were trying to get the second conviction to ensure he stays in prison for good. His lawyers were appealing his current life sentence. On the chance that they might actually win the appeal, that would have reduced his sentence. A second conviction on top of the first one would have guaranteed he never lives long enough to breath free air again.

Right , so he beat the most recent rap. He was going to appeal the other, why hang yourself now?

I feel like a person needs to be pretty determined to hang themselves from a window , how high off the ground is this window exactly? Couldn't he just stand up halfway through and unhang himself? Is the ceiling even high enough in the average jail cell to reliably hang yourself with your feet off the ground? I had a friend who hung "himself" in a jail cell when he was a teenager . This was 30 years ago and it was widely assumed that he had help but no one looked into it at all.

The fake news stations are going crazy trotting out random ex- football players , his girlfriend's cousin's roommate , his pop warner assistant trainer all morning so far. The local news even called Dan Shaunessy (boston globe reporter ) up for a comment and it was pretty funny. His reply "Hernandez? I have no idea what you are talking about , I just woke up." :D

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

""The fake news stations are going crazy trotting out random ex- football players , his girlfriend's cousin's roommate , his pop warner assistant trainer all morning so far.""

Not a story worth a lot of ink.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    ""The fake news stations are going crazy trotting out random ex- football players , his girlfriend's cousin's roommate , his pop warner assistant trainer all morning so far.""

Not a story worth a lot of ink.

it doesn't matter if there is a story at all only matters that you heard it first on channel 25 ,

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    Rog must be sweating like Morris Claiborne taking the Wonderlic test right about now.

Just wait until the good ol' brain autopsy reveals a little C to tha T to tha E...

Oh, for f**cks sake. We're blaming THIS on Roger Goddell too?!?

• Options

never mind whether he had CTE did anyone check his PSI ?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@Brian48 said:

Right , so he beat the most recent rap. He was going to appeal the other, why hang yourself now?

I feel like a person needs to be pretty determined to hang themselves from a window , how high off the ground is this window exactly? Couldn't he just stand up halfway through and unhang himself? Is the ceiling even high enough in the average jail cell to reliably hang yourself with your feet off the ground?

Well Hernandez was a pro at tight end.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

He saved us all a lot of money. Imagine the room and board costs for housing that murderous thug for 50 years.

Thank you Aaron!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

@PM770 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Who is we? Do you have a frog in your pocket?

Perhaps if you weren't dropping f-bombs and misspelling names, your deduction skills would be a little sharper...

• Options
    PM770PM770 Posts: 320 ✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@PM770 said:

@galaxy27 said:

Who is we? Do you have a frog in your pocket?

Perhaps if you weren't dropping f-bombs and misspelling names, your deduction skills would be a little sharper...

Fair enough. My sarcasm meter is often broken. So if that was meant as a goof on the prevailing "OMG...... its football's fault" thoughts, well played. You got me.

• Options

@PM770 said:
    Fair enough. My sarcasm meter is often broken. So if that was meant as a goof on the prevailing "OMG...... its football's fault" thoughts, well played. You got me.

Actually, I was neither condemning nor absolving the NFL. I'm not in the medical field, therefore I choose not to go there. What I do know, however, is that if Hernandez is linked to progressive brain degeneration, the brand -- fair or not, justified or not -- will be implicated.

As for Hernandez himself, rest uneasy.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

So now, due to a quirk in Massachusetts law, since he was appealing the first murder conviction, that first conviction is now voided, and he dies as an "innocent" man.

Total BS if you ask me! He is quilty as sin, and I'm glad he's gone!

Steve

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a shame O.J. didn't hang himself after his acquittal.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    dbtunrdbtunr Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

@Brian48 said:

I feel like a person needs to be pretty determined to hang themselves from a window , how high off the ground is this window exactly? Couldn't he just stand up halfway through and unhang himself? Is the ceiling even high enough in the average jail cell to reliably hang yourself with your feet off the ground? I had a friend who hung "himself" in a jail cell when he was a teenager . This was 30 years ago and it was widely assumed that he had help but no one looked into it at all.

The fake news stations are going crazy trotting out random ex- football players , his girlfriend's cousin's roommate , his pop warner assistant trainer all morning so far. The local news even called Dan Shaunessy (boston globe reporter ) up for a comment and it was pretty funny. His reply "Hernandez? I have no idea what you are talking about , I just woke up." :D

From what I gather, since his current conviction is on appeal, the ruling will be abated and he goes to his grave an innocent man. That means his daughter and fiancé can claim his estate which still has a few million in it. So maybe he did it for them. If he stays in jail, his estate could be lost via a civil suit.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

He didn't mind being a tight end but was getting tired of being a wide receiver.

Too soon?

Daniel
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

N.E. Injury Report:

Aaron Hernandez - OUT (neck)

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options

Now the fight is over possession of his brain. Could be some massive lawsuits/settlements when the shysters try to prove NFL induced injury.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:
    Now the fight is over possession of his brain. Could be some massive lawsuits/settlements when the shysters try to prove NFL induced injury.

supposedly someone has taken his brain . maybe they will give his head the ted williams treatment

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Insane in the membrane, insane in the brain

mark

Cypress Hill , but of course its 420 day B)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2017 7:25PM

I smoke two joints in time of peace
    And two in time of war
    I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints
    And then I smoke two more

Bradley Noles was better then Troy Aikman. Just sayin

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......