Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Who Designed 1921 1 Rouble Russian Coin?

Hello,

I'm working on a project and am at a loss in finding out who designed the 1921-22 Russian 1 Rouble silver coin. I know AF Hartman is the mintmaster, whose initials are on the edge of the coin. But even after scouring a variety of websites, including the several of the more obscure Russian coin sites, I can't figure out who designed this popular silver coin.

Does anybody here have info on the coin's designer and wouldn't mind kindly sharing their insight, please?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's one from Heritage if anyone is curious what this looks like:

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

If no one here can help you (and give it a time zone shift or so) you could also post this over on cointalk. I can think of at least one person from that region who posts there and might know how/where to find the answer.

Welcome to the boards BTW!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Hello, everyone! Thank you for your help... and for welcoming me aboard here. I will continue looking into this. I in fact did try Coin Talk, @Stork, but so far nobody has been able to answer the question there, either. I wonder if the designer's name ever was published. I know there are instances where designers are not acknowledged in the public.

• Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping the Siberian guy might know...I saw he posted but (at least last time I looked) no one seems to know the actual designer. Good luck!