Home Sports Talk

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I opened this I was expecting to see that he had decided to retire. What a let down.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh . Who is dumb enough to buy this garbage anyway?

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old news. This story broke a couple of years ago but to my knowledge nothing became of it.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Meh . Who is dumb enough to buy this garbage anyway?

Fraud is ok as long as only idiots buy the product?

(assuming the allegations are true.)

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

The shirt has no meaning, Eli Manning won the game , not his shirt . Shirts and helmets aren't magic . Owning the shirt doesn't get the person who bought it some share in the victory .

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

The shirt has no meaning, Eli Manning won the game , not his shirt . Shirts and helmets aren't magic . Owning the shirt doesn't get the person who bought it some share in the victory .

Same is true of living in a city of a championship team owned by a multi billionaire and thinking that it is your team.

But sports are an escape and we enjoy it and it brings drama to our mundane lives, so be it.

Wonder if a place like Heritage believes this to be a "meh" story, as much of their non coin auction business is dependent on provenance.