Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

eBay's global shipping plan

there are many new American sport card sellers now selling PSA hockey cards on Ebay and are charging the global shipping rate between $13.00 to $18.00 in U.S. funds with the exchange rate it cost us Canadians about $20.00 to $25.00 CDN if any sellers read this we are neighbours you are not shipping to the far reaches of earth which is what the program is all about

Tagged:

Comments

• KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2017 8:49AM

Seller's are free to handle Canadian shipments however they want. You know what the cost is before bidding or buying so do the math. If the total delivered price is more than you want to pay then buy them somebody else. If the high cost discourages bidding or sales then the only person hurt is the seller, and they're probably okay with that.

• Is there a substantially cheaper way to do tracked shipping to Canada?

• electrodeelectrode Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

I agree Kb they can do what they want..sure there is a cheaper way to ship to Canada luftmich,F.S.C. charges $6 card and a dollar each per card after the initial purchase.

• What carrier/service does FSC use? Every time I price tracked Canada shipping it's within a $1 or 2 of the Global Program. Kills my hockey sales.

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just stopped selling to Canada since ebay didn't make it worthwhile for the few hockey sales to Canada I made. In some ways it affected my hobby experience because I basically stopped buying modern hockey boxes to rip since I it was too much of a pain to sell singles.

Do you still have to drop off Canadian shipments at the USPS counter? When I used to sell to Canada, the customs paperwork and counter dropoff also factored into my decision to ship only domestic.

Mike
    edited April 12, 2017 3:31PM

Hi luftmich 4SC uses USPS,yes ndleo Americans drop off there items at the USPS,U.S. sellers that have been around for years charge $10.00 and the item is registered.

• MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

PayPal Ship Now = tracked to Canada for under $3

It also does the customs paperwork for you - so you can just mailbox it

• @MrHockey said:

Game changer. Thank you. Which service level is $3? Will it work for 3oz bubble mailers?

• AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

The cheapest I can ship to Canada is $9.50 but it sometimes takes a long time to get through customs so I only use USPS Priority Mail. How do you ship to Canada for under $3 with PayPal?

@luftmich said:

@MrHockey said:

Game changer. Thank you. Which service level is $3? Will it work for 3oz bubble mailers?

Works for bubble mailers. First Class International, Letter or Package.

• mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:

Do you need a PP business account?

@mlbfan2 said:

@MrHockey said:

Nope, open to anyone for any use - personal shipping, off-ebay sales, ebay sales, etc. - and free

• AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

How do you print international postage with PayPal MultiOrder shipping tool?

• mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:

@mlbfan2 said:

@MrHockey said:

Nope, open to anyone for any use - personal shipping, off-ebay sales, ebay sales, etc. - and free

Cool - thanks.

@Allen said:
    How do you print international postage with PayPal MultiOrder shipping tool?

I don't know - I've never used it (multiorder)

• ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:
    It also does the customs paperwork for you - so you can just mailbox it

I'll look into that. If it's that cheap and just a drop off, then I maybe killing some hockey boxes soon.

Mike
  • As a Canadian, I have a couple of points.

• I find it annoying when fellow Canadians whine about this. It's fine to bring it up in a non-confrontational way but this approach does not help to convince anyone
    • I have never bought from anyone using the GSP, as it is simply too expensive. I choose to buy from sellers who use First Class International, and I do buy a lot.

Having said that, if there was something i really wanted I would go ahead and buy anyway and just pay the high shipping costs but this would be uncommon.

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Casey is right about the paypal shipping he mentions here. This topic has been detailed, including his input, on many different threads on this board. Every one of them will result with the same conclusion: use the method he suggests and it keeps the costs down under $4 instead of the usual $7-ish to ship a card to Canada.

• TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

I bought a Unitas football card from someone in Canada and paid $15 for shipping to the US. I knew about the shipping cost going in but I wanted the card bad enough that I was willing to pay it. Quite expensive.

Canada Post is different and actually charges a large amount. Nothing those sellers can do about it, unlike the other way around.

• AANVAANV Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

If you're a Canadian who is upset over the global shipping program, I have terrible news for you. You are also being ripped off on the price of real estate, food, cars, gas - basically every necessity in life. You should be used to paying substantially more for the same things that Americans buy. That's just how it is in Canada.

i am a Canadian and thankfully i have most of the cards to complete my PSA sets paying $25.00 CDN for shipping limits me to the upgrades that i want to by ,i do not see any Canadian sellers using the overly dramatic Global Shipping Plan

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@AANV said:
    If you're a Canadian who is upset over the global shipping program, I have terrible news for you. You are also being ripped off on the price of real estate, food, cars, gas - basically every necessity in life. You should be used to paying substantially more for the same things that Americans buy. That's just how it is in Canada.

Well said

edited May 9, 2017 10:05AM

yes we are being taken for a ride on most things we purchase but paying $25.00 CDN shipping for a $10.00 card does not make sense to me.

edited September 21, 2017 6:28PM

Ebay's Global Shipping Plan part 2 now this plan is charging 'custom fees" most items bought from the U.S. are rarely targeted where you have to pay duty by Canada Customs ,i was going to purchases an item from the U.S.but after giving my best offer the "custom fees" popped up, Ebay makes money from shipping so the more it cost to ship the mo money it makes now to make mo money they added "Customs Fees"A notice to all American sellers do not get caught up in the GSP.Some people think i am complaining, i just state the facts.

• tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@MrHockey said:

@luftmich said:

@MrHockey said:

Works for bubble mailers. First Class International, Letter or Package.

Do I need to do this through paypal only? or through ebay labels too? When I print labels to canada thru ebay my cheapest rate is $9.50 for 1 card.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

4 Sharp Corners charges $6.00 a card with tracking from the United States Postal Service.

Only through PayPal, then you paste the tracking into eBay.