Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry Terminology and functionality questions

I am working on a few different sets and I was wondering about using the registry:

1) I collect (among others) Justin Verlander cards and one of the sets I am keeping up on is the Topps 'limited to the number of years' edition (usually black-bordered but they are copper at some points - the /56, /57, etc. Topps cards). I am also including League Leader cards on which Verlander is on the front/was top 3 for my collection. Is there a name for a run of that nature? I have not had this run graded yet but I will get around to it- been doing it for years. :-)

2) I am also collecting Topps Tigers cards (the entire run since 1952 of main and traded sets). The vast majority of this over-2000 card collection is ungraded. Is there a straightforward/easy way to input these cards into PSA for tracking?

3) When adding non-PSA-graded cards to my inventory on PSACard.com, is there a way I can connect them to a set I am trying to build? Even if they will not be 'official set registries' or what have you, at least I will be able to track my progress even if I am a little behind in getting things graded.

4) If the answer to the question above is no, is there another way to input the sets I am working on?

Thanks, forumers!
-Joel

Joel Haas
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot think of any way to add any card to your inventory without it having been graded. Certification numbers are assigned to each card, added to the PSA data base, which allows you to "manipulate" the card within the PSA structure.

As for the sets, if you only have raw, (ungraded), no way. You can request that the sets you're working on be "created" by PSA, therefore allowing you to add cards as you go.

I would suggest you compile what you have, make a bulk submission and then you have the flexibility to do what you are now trying to do...of course once the sets have been created.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, hello, how are ya? - welcome :)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    edited April 12, 2017 10:06AM

Hi Joel! :)

You can definitely add non-PSA items into your inventory without getting them graded. It works much better if the item is a card that's in PSA's database somewhere, but you can probably do it even if that's not true. Here's what you do:

1) Click "SET REGISTRY and PSA Set Registry" at the top of any PSA screen (assuming you're a member).
    2) Click "ADD INVENTORY".
    3) When the Add Inventory screen shows up, click on the drop-down menu where it probably shows "ADD PSA ITEMS" and choose "ADD NON-PSA ITEMS". Your screen will look like this:

4) Type in a description of your card (hopefully it's in the database). When it comes up (yay!) enter any additional information you'd like. For "Grade", you can type in SGC xx, BGS xx, NM-MT, Poor 1, whatever. Enter what you paid, current value, purchase date, source, comments, notes, sport, blah, blah, blah.

5) When you have as much information as you'd like entered, click "ADD NON-PSA ITEMS" at the bottom. Repeat as often as you'd like.

To add an image to your item, go to your "MY INVENTORY" page and choose "My Active Non-PSA Inventory". Here's what I get (I obviously grabbed the screen after I uploaded my image).

• Options

Thanks for the help!

Joel Haas