Home Stamps Forum

Old stamp albulm with stamps,album copyright 1935.

I bought this old stamp album the other day,it's copyright is 1935. How do I go about knowing what's valuable ?

Comments

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to the library and look up some of the stamps in their copy of the Scott's Stamp Catalog. Expect to be disappointed.

All glory is fleeting.
  • AddictedtocoinsAddictedtocoins Posts: 310 ✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    Go to the library and look up some of the stamps in their copy of the Scott's Stamp Catalog. Expect to be disappointed.

Thank you for the tip about the library, I wanted to get some direction on what was going on with these before I put them in the basement. I won't expect to much. Much appreciated.

• Dear antique stamp collector . I have antique stamp from china, japan, taiwan, germany, usa , etc. I want to sell in good high price .

If any serious buyer can wasap me directly +6285210788589 or email me : julianaphang@hotmail.com .

Tks and regards
    Julie

• Dear antique stamp collector . I have antique stamp from china, japan, taiwan, germany, usa , etc. I want to sell in good high price .

If any serious buyer can wasap me directly +6285210788589 or email me : julianaphang@hotmail.com .

Tks and regards
    Julie

• WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

By the looks of it, all the good stamps have been removed.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen

@WoodenJefferson said:
    By the looks of it, all the good stamps have been removed.

That never crossed my mind . Lol ! I was thinking the album was so old that they fell out.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uncancelled stamps with the original glue are where the money is. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

@Namvet69 said:
    Uncancelled stamps with the original glue are where the money is. Peace Roy

Thank you sir

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

In general, there is nothing post-1934 that has much value. 1900-1934 used isn't much better. 1st Class stamps of almost any period had print runs in the billions. So, you are looking for mint stamps, preferably pre-1900 or higher denominations.