Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Digital album question

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've created a couple of digital albums...all good so far. However, when I look at other digital albums and select a card to look at, once the card is loaded, it fills the screen nicely. However, when I view my set and select a card, it doesn't do this. I scanned my cards in using a corner of my scanner and this is how the pics show up instead of filling the screen. What did I not do, or do wrong? I suspect I should have scanned them in a different area of my scanner in order to then view them as others have done.

Tks,
Al

Comments

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Can you post a link to one of your albums? You want to "crop" your images to the edges of your card. If you don't have any image editing software (PhotoShop, PhotoShop Elements), you certainly do have Paint (it comes with every Windows machine). Load your image in Paint, use the "select" tool to select just your image, and click "Crop". Save back. Repeat.

Here's an example of a tightly cropped image:

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

See the Bill Lee Master Set, that's mine.

Tks

You can also view my 1955 Topps Boston Red Sox digital album...I think it's on page 11 of the digital link to all digital sets.

When I viewed another 1955 Topps set, and clicked on a card, once it loaded, it flipped the pic horizontal and filled the screen, which is what I'm looking for. When I created my digital album and uploaded the cards from my inventory, and entered them into the album, I expanded the cards to fit the allotted space...other than that, I have no clue what I did wrong to not allow me to view the card, when selected into a full view pic and in a horizontal position.

Here's the first picture in your Bill Lee Master set.

The image on your machine is called img028.jpg. The set registry software copied it to a file called img028_original.jpg and put it in a directory that belongs to you on their server called:

http://caimages.collectors.com/psaimages/767

In a sub-folder called "90596249" they keep at least two versions of the file. The original one that you uploaded and a shrunken one that looks like this:

This is the one that you'll see if you click on your gallery.

When you scan your cards, you're scanning the whole scanner bed (don't do that). All scanner software lets you specify a smaller area to scan. Learn how to do this. Also, scan at a higher resolution (300 dpi perhaps). Also, don't push your card into an area of your scanner that doesn't get scanned (as you're doing now--note the bottom isn't in the scanning area). If you don't know how to scan a portion of the scanning bed, then at least place the card away from the bottom edge and increase the dpi to 300. Once it loads, take it into "Paint" and crop it (you'll figure it out).

Your final image has to be cropped tightly to the slab or you'll continue to get results that make you unhappy.

Here's a picture of a card on my scanner bed pushed away from the edge by a clear ruler. The image also shows a selection range around the card (i.e., that's all that will be scanned).

After clicking scan and saving as a JPEG, here's what I get:

Thanks much for your time and effort to do this!!

Al

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Thanks much for your time and effort to do this!!

Al

No problem. :smile: