Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Baltimore Friday

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2, 2017 11:29AM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I had fun today. Managed to find Zohar and we had an interesting chat about coins from both a traditional standpoint as well as from a more modern perspective. I showed him one of my coins that I submitted to our host. And I promise here and now that coin will be the subject of its own thread at a later date. I do not have pictures and besides our host photographers are much, much better...

So back to the show... I was able to buy two German States coins in a grade that fits in well with the others from this short series of Baden 5 Marks that date back to the turn of the last century. I also bought a silver LBJ inaugural medal at a nice price from a dealer I have known for years. I did find some nice medals which seem to catch my attention more than coins these days. I thought there were some nice world coins and even US coins. It is all about looking and walking the floor. I found the Polish death medal for Pilsudski from 1936... Not rare... Just unusual in terms of the design. The other was a larger bronze for Beligian relief in WW I. I suspect it is fairly common, but it is 80mm with a compelling look that seems to capture the subject matter well. And I added a bronze commemorating the death of Graf Zeppelin which l thought was interesting with the zeppelin on the reverse.

The weather was not great today... but that did not impare things in terms of arriving timely.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments