Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Jackie Robinson find. Need a little help

Recently found a beautiful 8x10 picture of Jackie Robinson in a really sharp suit (baseball bat tie) and I am having one heck of a time tracking down the where and under what situation the photo was taken. The picture has a beautiful inscription TO Bill and signed and dated by Jackie. The man I bought the photo from advised the inscription was to famed Newscaster Bill Stern. Any help with this photo would be greatly appreciated. Also, any leads on potential value would also be greatly appreciated. The photo is on its way to get authenticated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    TheMickTheMick Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Perhaps written to Bill Veeck.

• Options

I looked at the Bill Verck possibility, thanks for the heads up. Only thing, is I found an old recording on Jackie Robinson Radio Shots, where Jackie takes to the airwaves himself and interviews Bill Stern and identifies him over the air as a long time "good friend." I would love to find more info on their friendship.

• Options
    Beck6Beck6 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2017 10:23AM

Here is a list of all the guests on the Jackie Robinson radio show. Only Bill Stern is on the list. He would seem like a very likely candidate.

https://otrcat.com/p/jackie-robinson-radio-shots

Registry Sets:
    T222's PSA 1 or better
  • Options

That's awesome thanks ..