Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1981 Donruss Baseball Box FASC Break

Comments

• Options
    OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2017 6:37PM

First up, the significant hits -

Gentlemen, am feeling a little woozy. Since I opened the box there has been a little cloud of some sort of powder floating about me. And it starting to possible affect my senses.

Here are a few of the better hits. If I would have caught the 'no gum pack' would have had it graded.

The other two are conjoined twins. Forgot to mention many of the hits pictured above are Siamese twins, triplets, and quadruplets as brothers and sisters are conjoined.

Am serious about feel woozy now. That powder has made me quite ill. Will post the runts of the box at a later time.

have asked my wife to take me to the hospital now. Am sensing this was a donruss setup to 37 years later kill Americans with ricin like dust particles. I am feeling extremely weak now

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

If you throw all those in the freezer, you should be able to separate and preserve the sticks of gum. It looks like you have close to a master set. Good luck!

• Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

I forgot how cool 81 donriss looked!

Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

The story I've heard from many dealers back in the day: Donrus distributed their sets rubber banded together (i.e. If you were a dealer and ordered 100 sets, you were sent a huge box of individual 50-100 player lots wrapped in rubber bands and had to collate them yourselves.

I still enjoy opening these.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2017 8:26PM

Off Center HOFer misses

and isn't it eerie how two totally separate photo shoots, probably months apart, end up picturing Jim Palmer with his finger sticking out of his glove.

It's state law here that whenever getting a card from a pack of any of these guys a scan of it must be posted on a message board. Differing reasons though.

I am HARD CORE looking for a Manny Sangy lover. As long as you has licked upon his arse Please reply below if you have.

:"lawyer05 Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

March 31, 2017 1:30PM

please save me a many sanguillen mint and a rennie stennett and maybe a omar moreno i have to check ...

COLLECTS THE WEIRDEST CARDS "

 Quote ·  Disagree  Agree  Like  LOL

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

please save me a many sanguillen mint and a rennie stennett and maybe a omar moreno i have to check ...

• Options
  • Options

The Petes and Denny will be sent in. The others are going in to the box that probably a lot of people here have.

I call it the "When the $1.25 Grading Special Arrives One Day" box. The box has steadily increased to over 1000 cards and will probably sit there until I die.

Lawyer ? gum.. card... what's the difference ? Both of them have been tasting the same :)

• Options

i want to send in a Manny Sanguillen and a Rennie stennett if there still mint ...

• Options
    edited April 1, 2017 7:18AM

Why has it leached upon me ?

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Got a question, how bad was the gum leakage into the packs? Did it go into additional cards or was just the top ones damaged? Seen the same issue with the 81 Fleer packs, just curious since this was a FASC and would hope the condition of the packs would have been a bit better (this tells me the case was probably subject to a hot storage unit), or if this is a known issue also with 81 Donruss. I have opened 81 Fleer and the gum wasn't stuck at all and others where the whole pack was pretty well destroyed. Thanks!

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!
  • Options

Each of the gum cards had their Siamese twins and triplets attached, Bleeding went at least 2 deep with a third in most packs having the warpiness effect which made whatever the card was unusable other than for eating with the gum.

• Options
    tbonewillytbonewilly Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

Dang!...Was hoping that wasn't the case, but after looking at the top card I had a funny feeling..thanks for the info..I have one I purchased a few years back from Crooks Cards (Oh Kruk Cards), maybe i need to bust that one open and see how they look...

Ken - Volunteered to work in Florida Keys, now freezing in Ohio
    Work in progress - Unopened Racks/Cello/Wax with star power for Baseball, Football and Basketball
    Collecting unopened 80's boxes and graded packs
    I may be hoarding too much 80's junk wax but I like it!